This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More kind words for Chris Sullivan

I just wanted to crow a little about the dark blue broadcloth trousers that Chris Sullivan made for me over the Winter. In addition to the fine quality of the workmanship, there is the matter of fit. I have purchased two pair of officer pants from Chris (one sky blue, one dark blue), and they fit like he'd taken measurements in the flesh. While fit is not important really in enlisted garments, officers purchased their gear from private sources and the surviving photos often show men well-haberdashed. In the matter of enlisted men's clothing, I have purchased Chris's museum grade Deering contract trousers for myself, and for my strapping six-footer of a son, and both are excellent in construction and execution.

But most of all, Chris is good people and a pleasure to deal with. I wish to take nothing away from the many other fine vendors that hang out here and are well-known, but felt obligated to speak out for the man who is both a fine tailor AND a friend. This isn't meant to be part of the "who makes the best...." debates, but simply to say that you can buy from Chris with no worries and will receive a superior product with unexcelled service.
    Last edited by Bill Cross; 03-19-2004, 10:23 AM. Reason: clarification
    Bill Cross
    The Rowdy Pards

Re: More kind words for Chris Sullivan

I agree 100%. Last year Chris only had his poly blend fabric on hand, and I told him I'd rather wait until he got 100% wool, since his supplier was having problems. Later that week, he informed me that he had recently obtained about 5 yards of the good wool, and offered to use that right away for my pants, rather than having to wait. Both his work and service are excellant. A great guy.
    -Tyler
    [B]Tyler Putman[/B]
    Member, CWPT, Company of Military Historians
    Heidelberg College Center for Historic and Military Archaeology

Comment

Good product, good service and all around great guy.
      Bob Clayton
      [url=http://www.sykesregulars.org]Co. C, 2nd U.S. Infantry, "Sykes Regulars"[/url]
      Honoring the proud history and traditions of the U.S. Army
      [url=http://home.comcast.net/~coffeeboiler/sykes_pics.htm]Photo Gallery[/url]

Comment

I could not agree more regarding the quality of his work or his willingness to educate. When deciding on my new trousers last fall, I sent a barrage of questions regarding material and process. Chris not only answered my questions, he educated me. It is rare to find that in a vendor. His intent certainly appeared to be much more than making a sale.

Mr. Sullivan, I thank you and will always return for to you whenever I need trousers again!
        Barry Smithson

Comment

Working...
        X