Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farbiest Uniforms on Ebay continued...

Per the thread below, I emailed the seller at EBay regarding his poor uniforms he is selling. Here is his reply:

Mr. Butler,
    We are new to the business and are trying our best to make some reenactment uniforms that the average joe can afford. We are not trying to deceive anyone, we understand there are far more authentic uniforms. We also understand that the authenticity is only in period material. The blended materials and the modified jackets we use make our uniforms more affordable the the guys who can't put out $300.00 or more for their uniforms. We have also learned from everything that we have read on the history so far that there was such a variety of uniform because the soldiers on both sides had to make due with what they had. For soldier to have his uniform right was rare. Almost all of them had makeshift substitutions. We have had a couple of these emails now and have replied to everyone with a request for help to make our uniforms better. If you can do the same for us we would welcome the help.
    Chris

Need I say more?
    Regards,
    Jim Butler
    The SRR
    Jim Butler

Re: Farbiest Uniforms on Ebay continued...

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I closed the thread because it is good information, but to allow replies that will only complain about this person more would be counterproductive.
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
    X