Measuring cup/device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring cup/device

I am trying to figure out what I should look for when trying to find a measuring cup and measuring spoon for a hospital kitchen display. I do not own a Lord's Encyclopedia and the library where I live does not have a copy so my research on the simple topic via local methods has come to an abrupt halt. Does anyone own, have pictures of or know of a reputable museum that may have an original? I bother the Civil War medicine museum so much that I was hoping to branch out to give them a break but if no one has any other leads I will contact them. :)

Thanks!

Shawn Dyer
    1st OVI Co. A
    Lancaster Guards
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][I]Shawn Dyer
    1st OVI Co. A
    Lancaster Guards[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: Measuring cup/device

Although I can not address the question of what type of measures were used in a hospital kitchen, you can check out some of these photos for common civilian measures (these are repros).
    Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
    John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Comment

Re: Measuring cup/device

Gents-

While at Vicksburg last weekend I took these pictures of some measuring cups. These cups were found on the USS Cairo. The Union city class ironclad that was sunk by a Confederate torpedo (mine) in the Yazoo River. The museum of Cairo artifacts displays a lot of the items found during the recovery of this vessel including many personal items of the sailors.

Although not the best of pictures being that I was leaning over the rail to get them and not necessarily hospital related they are solid examples of what was used at the time.
      Attached Files
      Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
      Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
      Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
      Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

Working...
      X