Good drill manuals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good drill manuals.

Several years ago CJ Daley was selling quality reproduced drill manuals, but for the life of me I can not remember who made them. Any thoughts?
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: Good drill manuals.

Another great option is books.google.com. A LOT of great drill manuals there for free. Not print manuals, but online. Greatly amused by the one in rhymes. O_o
    Steve Pelikan
    WA state
    Yes, I sewed/knitted that.

With respect and admiration
    Pvt. Paul Dumphy
    Co. B, 31st Missouri (US)

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Yeah, I remember those too. Wish I got the Casey's! Found mention of them in an old thread: http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...=Daley+Manuals

Ken Mink is mentioned as the guy. Unfortunately, and sadly, he passed away in 2007. :(

Best,
      Last edited by Mutt; 05-18-2013, 08:40 PM. Reason: additional info
      [SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Matt Mickletz[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=3][/SIZE][FONT=Garamond][COLOR="#800000"][/COLOR][I]Liberty Rifles[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Mink! That was the name.
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

Seems Morningside Press did a multi-volume reproduction of Casey's back in the 80's. I'm sure some are floating around in the used market, assuming you would want that one.

While I appreciate electronic copies of various books, I'm still a person that wants a print copy of something like that in hand.
          Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
          Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
          Former Mudsill
          Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Agreed. Having the volume in hand helps in drilling platoon and company sized formations. Besides, there is so much information in those volumes one can't remember all of the machinations.

The volumes Chris had reproduced were great in hat these were authentic looking to keep in the haversack for quick reference. Glad I picked up a set many years ago.
            Ivan Ingraham
            AC Moderator

Comment

I've picked up a Casey's years back, but had a good Hardee's set already. Apparently my dog thought that was a chew toy, or disagreed with the stack method that Hardee used.
              Patrick Landrum
              Independent Rifles

Comment

Patrick,
                I picked up my three volume set of Casey's back in the 90s. At that time they were reprinted through the efforts of Company I, 7th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry, National Regiment. Not certain, but may have been Mink's unit at the time. Not even sure if any of those old NR guys are still around. May want to check with CJ Daley as well.

George Taggart
                George Taggart

Comment

I managed to get a set of the leather-bound Hardee's and Gilham's when Chris had them available. I wish I had picked up Casey's, too!
                  John Wickett
                  Former Carpetbagger
                  Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
                  X