Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selma Arsenal Hand Grenade

Gents-

I thought this would be of interest to many. A relic dealer has a Selma Arsenal Hand Grenade on his website not for sale but for interest sake. The grenade was found in pieces by two different relic hunters many years apart which is amazing in itself. But the rarity of finding hand grenades on the Civil War battlefield is rather rare as well. I am attaching two links. One for the relic dealer and the other from another website with additional information on Civil War grenades.

Relic Dealer; Should be first item on the page.

Website with Civil War grenade information;

ArmsCollectors.com Collectable Firearms Forums Modern, antique and collectable firearms, questions answered, gun & militaria related items.
    Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
    Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
    Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
    Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry
Working...
X