This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenian Raids

I am looking for any and all information on the Fenian Raids. A series of invasions by the Fenian Brotherhood to invade Canada in order to free Ireland. For a brief history here is the wiki page on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_raids

A friend of mine and I are building a permanent impression for the 150th Anniversary in 2016. But we are looking for any first hand accounts or newspaper clippings on the raids. If you are interested in helping out or joining we'd be very grateful.
    Sam Levit

Re: Fenian Raids

I'm in - I have actually done a fair amount of research on the Fenians and know a historian out of Toronto who works on them almost exclusively now. Most of my focus has been from the Canadian point of view, which fluctuated in taking them far too seriously and then dismissing them completely. Anyways, I have a full biblio of sources on them -primary and secondary, so PM when you can.
    Brandon
    Brandon Corcoran

Comment

Re: Fenian Raids

Gents, this is beyond ACW time frame, even though the Fenians have ACW links. Basically this isn't the forum for this subject.

Herb Coats, Moderator
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

Working...
      X