Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have authentic telegraph operation setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have authentic telegraph operation setup?

I honestly don't know where to start looking for this specific setup; but, I'm hoping perhaps someone here will know.

I'd prefer to know someone/people who can demonstrate a working telegraph office.

Thanks.
    Sincerely,
    Emmanuel Dabney
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
    http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Re: Does anyone have authentic telegraph operation setup?

Terry Sorchy set up some kind of telegraph in the Federal garrison for the first Marmaduke's Raid. Since I was CS at that one, I can't tell you the details but it might be worth contacting him about it. Or perhaps someone else will chime in that was there.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

Kevin Saville in Washington State has a pretty good telegraph impression. He likely knows someone on your coast who could help. I'll send you a PM with his email as I don't recall if he has an a/c account.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

I am just starting out setting up a telegraph office myself and am working on some items. I did have my wife sew me a pair of Signal Corps Flags.
        Pvt. Rudy Norvelle
        20th Maine Vol Inf Co. G
        Third Brigade, First Divison, Fifth Corps
        Army of the Potomac

Comment

Thank you!
          Sincerely,
          Emmanuel Dabney
          Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
          http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Comment

Working...
          X