No announcement yet.

Period Printed Handkerchief Repros...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Period Printed Handkerchief Repros...

Chris,
    Can't wait until your repros will be available. Thanks for spearheading this!
    Respectfully,
    Jon Bocek

~ The Dandy Man Mess / WA / VLH / LR ~

Comment

Top-notch. I'm glad you have the drive and expertise to undertake this endeavor.
      Tristan Galloway

Comment

Wow Chris!
        Never mind my post then!
        It seems you have it well in hand. Great looking handkerchief!
        Angela Burnley
        Angela Burnley

Comment

Very impressed! I can't wait to get one.
          David H. Thomas
          Starr's NC Battery
          Fayetteville, NC

Comment

Chris,

The prototype looks great so far. What is the source for your design? Is it based on an existing artifact? Is there a provenance?

Hopefully other designs and colors will soon follow. I'd hate to see everyone carrying identical handkerchiefs.
            Paul McKee

Comment

Paul,

Yes, it's from an original owned by Tristan Galloway (who has commented on this posting several times) and was purchased from a CW collector. He also has others that I am going to reproduce, and I am very grateful to him for this opportunity. I also have the opportunity to reproduce the handkerchief from Oshkosh that has been talked about here, and have communicated with Scott Cross about doing that. All I am waiting for is the first project to be a finalized success and then the others will fall in line.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm looking very forward to completing this and getting it in everyone's hands.

Attached is a picture of the original handkerchief. I am planning on offering this in different color combos that are normally seen in period hankies. The last thing I want to do is flood the living history world with one hanky that everyone suddenly has...... Being able to offer different patterns will also help in this. Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	224008
              Chris Utley
              South Union Mills
              [url]www.southunionmills.com[/url]
              [url]www.facebook.com/southunionmills[/url]

Comment

Chris-

Sounds awesome. Not trying to pin you down but about when do you think they will be ready for sale approximately?
                Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
                Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
                Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
                Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

Super! Exactly the response I was hoping to hear. Sending you a big Attaboy!

Originally posted by Utley View Post
                  Paul,

Yes, it's from an original owned by Tristan Galloway (who has commented on this posting several times) and was purchased from a CW collector. He also has others that I am going to reproduce, and I am very grateful to him for this opportunity. I also have the opportunity to reproduce the handkerchief from Oshkosh that has been talked about here, and have communicated with Scott Cross about doing that. All I am waiting for is the first project to be a finalized success and then the others will fall in line.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm looking very forward to completing this and getting it in everyone's hands.

Attached is a picture of the original handkerchief. I am planning on offering this in different color combos that are normally seen in period hankies. The last thing I want to do is flood the living history world with one hanky that everyone suddenly has...... Being able to offer different patterns will also help in this. [ATTACH=CONFIG]45737[/ATTACH]
                  Paul McKee

Comment

Chris, I'm interested too. Have you been able to estimate the cost per each ? Thanks for your efforts.

Dennis W. Duerbeck
                    Dennis W. Duerbeck

Comment

Being a relative newcomer to reenacting, I learned the value of a hanky at the BGA Gburg event in late June. I will be in the line waiting for availability. This is a great effort and I much appreciate you dedicated folks.

Steve Morin
                      Steve Morin

Comment

Tristan showed me the original last week and it is amazing. The design is fascinating. I can't recall anybody taking on such a project since Pat McDermott back in the day. Thanks Chris!
                        Soli Deo Gloria
                        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Everyone,

I received the sample from the mill at the end of last week and have placed the order for the handkerchiefs. I will be putting up a picture of the final design and making it available for order by the end of this week. As long as no surprises come my way from the factory in the next few days, the price will be $14.95 each. Colors will be indigo blue with white designs and red with white designs and there will be a limited number of each. After those are gone, I will move on to another project. Please be watching for the announcement later this week, and if you haven't done so yet, "like" my Facebook page (South Union Mills) to be sure you receive updated info and photos. I will also post here, but liking that page keeps you especially in the loop!
                          Chris Utley
                          South Union Mills

Comment

The repro handkerchiefs are now available for order. Please see my announcement on this forum in the Vendor Announcement section.

Thank you!
                            Chris Utley
                            South Union Mills

Comment

Ordered a blue one yesterday, thanks Chris!
                              Mike McGee
                              Cure All Mess ~ Hard Case Boys
                              Co A, 4th Tennessee Infantry Regiment "The Shelby Greys"
                              Co C, 25th Regiment, Indiana Infantry

Pvt. Francis "Frank" Agee- G, G, G-Uncle
                              Co H, 22nd Tennessee Infantry Regiment
                              KIA Battle of Shiloh-April 6, 1862
                              Resting in Peace on that Hallowed Ground

Comment

Ordered one of each because I'm such an obsessive fop.
                                Paul McKee

Comment

Working...
                                X