Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to save a zoomed in picture and looking for late war quotes on CS uniforms ect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save a zoomed in picture and looking for late war quotes on CS uniforms ect.

I see on the forums here how some of you download the photos off of the library of Congress website then zoom up and crop a certain area and save the small zoomed up area. While I know how to download the high quality scans and zoom in, I can’t seem to save that zoomed in pictures. Whenever I try to save it, it just saves the whole picture. Can someone help me out by telling me how to save the zoomed in version of the picture. Right now I have been using the default Kodak picture program that comes with Windows 98.

Also I am looking for any quotes from Confederates late in the war (preferably the ANV) that describes the condition of their uniforms or uniform issuances. I am also looking for any information that has to deal with the number of imports of Tait jackets and other British goods that were sent into the Confederacy (especially Eastern sates like VA and NC) and even better would be how many and when they were issued. If you have or know of any website sites or books where I might find some of this information I would be very thankful.
    Dane Utter
    Washington Guard

Re: How to save a zoomed in picture and looking for late war quotes on CS uniforms ect.

Dane,
    The uncompressed Tiff versions are about 20 meg per pic. and allow tons of room for zoom at high quality. I use both Microsoft Picture manager and Adobe Photoshop. If you want to save a section as you view it, you will need to edit the photo. By that I mean that you will have to crop the picture to the point of your viewing pleasure. Once the image is cropped, you will need to save it (as a jpg) and that will be your finished product. Hope this helps.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Matt Caldwell

GHTI

WIG[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
    X