Seeing the Elephant participants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing the Elephant participants

This post goes out to all of those folks who worked in the Kenosha Civil Museum film, "Seeing the Elephant." After months of exhaustive effort by the museum staff and the production company, the film is nearing its completion. As a teaser, the museum has posted a short clip.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

The final cut is much more complex, the music is emotionally charged and the overall experience for those who come to the museum will be immersive more than anything I have ever seen attempt to do so.

The preliminary timeline is for the film to begin public showing in January with a premier at a slightly later date.

Oh by the way, ignore the modern shovel. That shot did not make the final cut.

Enjoy,
    Steve Acker
    Boston Productions
    Kenosha Civil War Museum

Re: Seeing the Elephant participants

Nice work, Steve.
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Comment

The living historians were amazing. They worked tirelessly for hours upon hours and never complained, at least to me.

If you ever get out this way, let me take you to the museum then for a cold one.

Steve Acker

Comment

Steve,

Do you know if the museum has thought any more about releasing the film as a video? I know the question arose during the filming but it was much too early to answer at that point.
        Michael Comer
        one of the moderator guys

Comment

Wow...great stuff guys. I am sure it was mentioned but this was for the museum only or as Michael inquired is it to be released for purchase somehow?
          Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
          Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
          Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
          Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

It was a great time and Steve did an amazing job organizing all if us miscreants. Can't wait to see it in the museum.
            Scott Sheets
            Joliet, IL

36th Illinois
            Dirty Shirts

Comment

Back to one!
              Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
              My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

The folks at the museum have not talked about the program being made for home use. There is such a scramble to get the piece into the museum, there has not been much time to think of anything else.

Mike, the scene of you signing up the recruits will be 12 feet tall. How cool is that.

STeve Acker

Comment

Pretty cool. I plan on coming up for the premier if the date works out for my wife and I to make the trip.
                  Michael Comer
                  one of the moderator guys

Comment

There is a hotel within eyeshot of the museum. WHen the premier date is solidified I can send out information on lodging as well as the specifics of the viewing.

Great weekend all,
                    Steve Acker

Comment

Hey All,
                      Saturday I was able to see Seeing the Elephant on the 44'by12' screen projected by 8 projectors and reinforced by a 13 channel sound system. The air cannon was not installed yet. I am here to tell ya'll you'll like it a lot when you come to the Kenosha Civil War Museum.

The museum is opening the film to the public so I am looking for a few folks who worked on the project to come in kit to support the showing. The plan is we will help fill the time between showings by telling the soldier story, our experience with the film and all of that stuff. If you worked on the project and can come by on the 11th of January to help, let me know.

Steve Acker
                      Kenosha Civil War Museum

Comment

Working...
                      X