AC Forum Under New Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AC Forum Under New Management

Herb, I welcome change. This forum has always been an asset to the hobby. The challenge is just to adapt to the changes the hobby is going through as the old farts retire and new blood comes in.
    Bill Cross
    The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Good to see ya Bill! Been a little while. Hope all is well with you.
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Thank you, Eric, I am pleased to report my son has moved back from Boston and will be available for more events this year. I confess my enthusiasm for the hobby has diminished with him an additional 4-5 hours away from the nexus of the war. Glad to see you taking over, and I expect your usual elan and energy to take the AC Forum to the next level.
        Bill Cross
        The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Bill, I remember being on all-night picket with your son one year. I think it was at McDowell in 2003. We kept seeing a light across the field and were convinced that we were being flanked. That was a good time. I think you came around and checked on us a few times.

It's good to see you again. Mess No. 1 tries to get out east when we can and right now, we are going to Bermuda Hundred out that way in April.

Thanks for the support Bill. Been eleven years since that McDowell in 2003. Hard to believe.
          ERIC TIPTON
          Former AC Owner

Comment

Good times, Eric. Looking forward to seeing you in the field. All the best in your efforts here. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask. Too much good has come out of this Forum not to keep it going strong.
            Bill Cross
            The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Eric,

Remember the "War on the James" event? Bill Cross was our commander. A beard one day, no beard the next! How many years ago was that?
              Bill Rodman, King of Prussia, PA

Comment

Heck yeah I remember that one. It 2003. Eleven years ago already! We built one impressive shebang for that one. They moved that piece right up next to our camp and cut loose before dawn. We were on picket for the entire event and kept our traps on for 95% of the event. I forgot about the beard though.
                ERIC TIPTON
                Former AC Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Tipton View Post
                  We were on picket for the entire event and kept our traps on for 95% of the event.
                  Eric,

I learned a trick at the "War on the James" event. Put your cartridge box on top of your waist belt, so you can swing it out of the way and sleep on your right side!

Best of luck on this new endeavor!
                  Bill Rodman, King of Prussia, PA

Comment

First time I met you Eric and the boys from Ohio was McDowell 2003, we had a great time ...campaign pizza anyone? LOL...remember?
                    John
                    John Barr
                    2nd Delaware

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Remember the "War on the James" event? Bill Cross was our commander. A beard one day, no beard the next! How many years ago was that?
                      Yes, I borrowed the idea of a "dead company" from Pickett's Mill: the "dead" & "wounded" from Saturday's spectator battle assembled off the field and then were marched back as a different company (I seem to recall the 10th CT). I shaved off the beard I had grown; Julio had photos of my shaving in the parking lot, but lost them and can't find them now. We waited until dark to move back to the Federal bivouac, and several fellers said later they didn't know it was us when we showed up.
                      Bill Cross
                      The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Ah yes! Now I remember! We were very surprised to see you.
                        ERIC TIPTON
                        Former AC Owner

Comment

Congratulations, Eric…...

***Mr. Raab, it is a requirement of the AC that you sign all posts with your full first and last name. You can set this up automatically by going into your settings and filling out the signature block feature. Let us know if you need help.

Ken Cornett....forum moderator
                          Last edited by Ken Cornett; 02-17-2014, 08:58 AM.
                          Doug Raab

Comment

Eric,
                            Findly got back on the AC.
                            Looking forward to being more active on this site.
                            Good Luck with this thankless job!!!
                            Go for it!!
                            Your 6th OVI Friend,
                            Judy Biedenharn

Comment

Thanks Judy! Welcome back. As always, your positive vibes are appreciated. It was good to see you again at Camp Dennison. I love eating at the Schoolhouse. Yum!
                              ERIC TIPTON
                              Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X