New to the AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the AC

Howdy to all, I am new here but not reenacting. I have worked to improve my impression when i could, for a few years now. I aint perfect by no means. But, would like someone who is more so than I to give me some pointers, or if close to centeral Indiana, look over my kit & tell me what needs fixed. I will buy lunch & the beer. Any help would be awesome. Ya'll have a GREAT web site here. Thanks! James Ward
    Last edited by Hiram; 01-19-2014, 10:23 AM. Reason: Adding name.
    James Ward

Re: New to the AC

Hiram,

Welcome to the A/C and we hope it will be a good learning experience for you.

First thing, however, is that I need to point out that it is absolutely mandatory that all posts be signed with both first and last name. I ask that you click on this link and read our rules for posting and using the forum:

A good suggestion is to go into your settings and set up your signature line so that it automatically displays your name. Also, the first few of your posts will have to be approved by a moderator before they are public and then they will post direct.

Again, I hope you enjoy the A/C forum and the wealth of information that it can give.

regards,
    Mark
    J. Mark Choate
    7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Thank you!
      James Ward

Comment

Welcome to the Authentic Campaigner Hiram! We moved your thread into the General Discussion Folder. This is where people come on the site to say hello, or talk in general about the CW, reenacting, etc.

For you and any new members, we highly suggest starting in the Camp of Instruction Folder. You can search the thread and find answers that go back over ten years.

Feel free to ask some of the basic starter questions in the Camp of Instruction. There are plenty of helpful veterans who poke there heads in there from time-to-time to answer such questions.

I'll join Mark in welcoming you the AC. We are happy to have you.
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

James,

None of us are perfect by any means with our impressions but we are a community that tries to get better and that's always a good thing. Welcome to the forum.
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

James, welcome to the Ac forum. I'm also a fellow hoosier. I'd be happy to check out your kit and give you pointers from my experience and research (thanks to the abundant information on this website)
            Bret Stewart
            Bret A Stewart
            44th Tn co K
            Pop Skull Mess
            "Get there fastest with the mostest" Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Hello, Mr. Ward!

I am a Hoosier, as well, though I now live in Georgia. There are a number of good groups in Indiana. If you're looking for a point in the right dirction, you've come to the right place.
              John Wickett
              Former Carpetbagger
              Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Thanks again to ya'll. I think i will learn a lot here.
                James Ward

Comment

Originally posted by LibertyHallVols View Post

I am a Hoosier, as well, though I now live in Georgia.
                  You also make a very sneaky South Carolinian too!
                  Tyler Underwood
                  Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                  Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

James, welcome to the Authentic Campaigner. I think you will find what you are looking for.
                    Ken Cornett
                    MESS NO.1
                    Founding Member
                    OHIO
                    Mason Lodge #678, PM
                    Need Rules?

Comment

Welcome to the hobby of living history, Jim! The AC site is a great resource for information compiled by people who have taken the time and expended the effort to "get to the details" of specific subjects. I, too, am in the Central Indiana area and have been studying the life of soliders who fought in the War for Southern Independence for quite some time. I would be pleased to share information with you that should help to answer many of your questions. Please do not hesitate to contact me and we can have a nice chat.

Your most obedient servant,
                      Tom Williams
                      4th Virginia Infantry, Co. I
                      The Liberty Hall Volunteers
                      Indianapolis
                      Tom Williams

Comment

Working...
                      X