Sabre bayonets throats and tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabre bayonets throats and tips

I was able to acquire an original bayonet for an M1841 Colt Alteration, however it came sans bayonet. Mr Duvall cannot make a scabbard without those fittings, I had hoped he carried or could make them but alas no. Is there any vendor out there that manufactures tips and throats for a sabre bayonet?
    Johan Steele aka Shane Christen C Co, 3rd MN VI
    SUVCW Camp 48
    American Legion Post 352
    [url]http://civilwartalk.com[/url]

Re: Sabre bayonets throats and tips

I'm watching for the same; have a Colt and a Harper's Ferry alteration with bayonets, no scabbards. Found a good tip on eBay under "saber bayonet". Still looking for a throat. If you can get to the Dalton, Georgia CW relic show next month, we may be in competition. I've quizzed several vendors of replica saber bayonets (1862 Remington "Zouave", etc) to see if they'd sell the scabbard separately, just to salvage the brass. No dice.
    David Fox

Comment

I spent most of Monday on the phone and had the same experiance. The Zouve bayonet scabbard might work for scalping the fittings as might the M1855 scabbard but the throat is considerably wider than mine.

Good luck at Dalton, you don't have to worry about me in competition. Though if you find a source that has multiple I'd be happy to take the excess.
      Johan Steele aka Shane Christen C Co, 3rd MN VI
      SUVCW Camp 48
      American Legion Post 352
      [url]http://civilwartalk.com[/url]

Comment

Yo. by the way, there's a brass throat and drag on eBay under "saber Bayonets". I've passed on it because the throat appears marginally too small, but you might want to take a chance on it....
        Last edited by David Fox; 01-23-2014, 04:50 PM.
        David Fox

Comment

Working...
        X