Thank you AC Staff and Jim Kindred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you AC Staff and Jim Kindred

I know this isn't exactly the folder for modern discussion, but I wanted to take the time to thank Jim Kindred and the AC staff for the sympathy card I received after the death of my son William. I've been amazed at the outpouring of support from the Civil War community (mainstream and campaigner) and am blessed to have the pards that I have on this side of the hobby, and the friendship all around. It's not my intention to turn this thread into a "woe is me" thread, because I'm keeping myself busy and upright and its because of friends and family here and throughout the hobby that I can. William was 19 and passed in a car wreck while visiting my family in Indiana. Being a Florida boy, driving on ice and snow was a foreign concept, despite the care he took. He was a bright, energetic kid taking a year off of school and left us too soon, but he went in the care of family and for that I'm grateful. Thank you Jim, thank you to the other staff and mods here and thank you to the rest of my pards here.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Re: Thank you AC Staff and Jim Kindred

It's really good to "see" you Ross. I think all of us in the hobby who know you were shocked to hear the news. We really have a great community. We really do. I am glad to see you back here and getting on with things. I can't even imagine. The best to you and your family.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Comment

Ross -
      We were all very saddened by your loss and glad the card made it over to you - I echo Eric's sentiments.

As a practical matter - I live about 45 minutes from Tipton, Indiana. If anything needs done on your behalf here - please message me.
      Paul Calloway
      Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
      Proud Member of the GHTI
      Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
      Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Ross,

There was much discussion amongst the mods when we learned of your tragedy.. So many of us are parents and could only imagine the pain and loss that you felt and are feeling. We feel a kinship to you and the others on your site and in times like this it is important to support one another.

Mark
        J. Mark Choate
        7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Working...
        X