US Revenue Cutter Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Revenue Cutter Service

I had a question about what kind of uniforms the cutter service was wearing during the war and, I found this great info.
    The 1842 regs outline the uniforms and the 1862 regs has a abstract of a ships log. Great starting point if any of my fellow coasties or any interested parties wanting to start a impression.

Taylor McCullen

51st NC Co.K

Re: US Revenue Cutter Service

Semper Paratus shipmate!

Here is a pretty detailed article about the history of the uniforms. http://www.uscg.mil/history/docs/USRCSuniforms1908.pdf I would however suggest writing a CG staff historian at HDQTR and they may be able to give you more in depth answers to your questions. Here is the link with their contact info.

Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 01-29-2014, 11:50 AM. Reason: Found article with more info
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Re: US Revenue Cutter Service

Semper Paratus!

I was charged with putting together a presentation on the US Revenue Marine (it wasn't called the US Cutter Service until July 1894) for my Coast Guard Auxiliary flotilla and found that original images are quite scarce. I did, however, happen to find this 1864-1865 sketch entitled Reception of General Sherman by General Foster on Board the Revenue Cutter Nemaha, in the Ogeechee River, Georgia, December 14, 1864.

The image appears to show the front of an officer's uniform, as well as the back of an enlisted man.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by FootsoreFederal; 02-03-2014, 02:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
      [B]Zachary Whitlow[/B]
      Liberty Rifles

[I]"Though I weigh only 120 pounds, when I'm mad I weigh a ton."[/I] - Thomas Starr King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
      X