What happened to old AAR threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to old AAR threads?

A couple of times I've wanted to send someone a link to an old AAR thread here to give them an idea what c/p/h events are all about, and the threads seem unaccessible. For example, today I wanted to send a link to the Bummers AAR.

So I searched google: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

That gives lots of results from a thread titled "AAR Bummers." But when I click on any of the results, I get sent to the Authentic Campaigner forum where this message is displayed:

Hank Trent, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Then I tried the AC forum's own search engine, Advanced Search, Search Single Content Type, title only "AAR Bummers," the exact title of the thread. The result shows four pages of search results, and the AAR thread isn't on the first page, though it certainly should be at the top, but when I click on the next page it says there are no more search results, and only 15 search results total are shown. Most are threads about lost and found, bully buys, incidental research, that kind of thing, but not what would really show a newbie what events on this side of the hobby are like.

I had the exact same experience looking for another older AAR thread a while ago, can't remember which event now, but it was right after the forum was changing hands and I just thought it was a glitch. But now I see it's permanent and affects other AARs. Are they gone? Is there a reason? If they're still available, how can they be seen? They seem the best comprehensive threads to send people to, who want to know what a c/p/h event is like for better or worse, so it would be a shame if they're no longer publicly available.

Hank Trent
    hanktrent@gmail.com
    Hank Trent

Re: What happened to old AAR threads?

Hank,

The admins have been getting the permissions corrected for everyone. I'll pass this along to John and Eric. Thanks for letting us know.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Originally posted by Coatsy View Post
      Hank,

The admins have been getting the permissions corrected for everyone. I'll pass this along to John and Eric. Thanks for letting us know.
      Thanks!

Hank Trent
      hanktrent@gmail.com
      Hank Trent

Comment

Hank:

The permissions were turned off for basically every user group for the past events folder. I have been going through and turning the permissions back on so people can view the threads, but apparently, we still have more work to do. For instance, your user group "AC Charter Member" did not have permissions to view the 2009 Events.

You should be set now. I will have to dig back into all of the folders tonight and check all of the user group permissions again. Please shoot me a PM if anyone encounters the same problem.

Making things accessible again... day by day.
        ERIC TIPTON
        Former AC Owner

Comment

Working now. Thanks!

Hank Trent
          hanktrent@gmail.com
          Hank Trent

Comment

No problem Hank. Your post inspired me to blast out Bummers on Facebook this morning. Thanks!

The horror... the horror....
            ERIC TIPTON
            Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
            X