Missing Accouterements Chickamauga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Accouterements Chickamauga

I know this is a long shot, but I figured why not try again.

At Chickamauga, up in the hillside campaign camp, I was relieved of a roller buckle belt, painted canvas cap box, US made 42 Springfield Bayonet, and MB&S scabbard. It was "lost" on Friday afternoon sometime between 3PM and 7PM. I dropped my gear in one big pile b a tree near my tent fly, left and cam back. Everything was there but the belt setup.

If anyone "found" it, I sure would like to have it back. No questions asked.

Thanks!
    Galen Wagner
    Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Re: Missing Accouterements Chickamauga

That's awful, I am sorry. My friend "lost" an axe. Wide blade and hand made handle with his name on the left side of the handle by the axe head...anyone know anything about that too??? plm
    Save me a place at the fire,

Paul L Muller

Comment

Galen, I will put the word out amoung our guys and see if we can help find your gear.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Ditto on what Paul said...I lost my frying pan myself. I was in the barn Saturday night (sleeping right next to the hatch near the loft). Wasn't that expensive, I just had it broken in and hated to loose something so useful (its size was perfect to fit in between the halves of my knapsack which made for easy carrying).

Good luck!
        Robin
        Robert F. Wallace
        38th NCT (River Rat Mess)
        North State Rifles

"Do your duty in all things...for you can do no more and should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee

Comment

Thanks everyone.

The roller buckle belt was flesh out, and period dyed. The cap box was a painted canvas and actually was marked wit my first initial and last name. The 42 Springfield bayonet was in a MB&S riveted federal scabbard.

We arrived at the Kings Division hillside campaigner camp around 3PM Friday. I was in Patrick Landrum's Bn. We dropped our gear and went to the Sutlers. When I came up the hill at 7PM, the belt and gear was gone, but my knapsack, cartridge box and sling, canteen, rifle etc. was still right there where I left it.
          Galen Wagner
          Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

Working...
          X