Looking for progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for progress...

Hey all. I was wondering if there are any progressive/ campaigner groups or messes anywhere near the Tidewater Va area (Hampton Roads) that are primarily Federal...I would like to start falling in with campaigners and such in order to learn the hobby and gain a more authentic experience. I love my unit and all, but they are happy in the mainstream, and seem to be devolving into blatant farbism. I do not necessarily reject them for that, but for the apparent lack of interest to progress further: I myself am not there yet, I have been working on the methods and kit towards that end. To make a long story longer, I would appreciate any help or advice finding or even starting a mess. Thanks. My name is Paul Huey, and I approved this message.
    Paul W.Huey III

Re: Looking for progress...

Apparently it is a very odd thing to find Federals in Virginia!:tounge_sm
    Paul W.Huey III

Comment

Not sure why someone hasn't chimed in on this yet...
      If you're looking for Federal only groups in VA you can check out:
      Washington Guard
      1st Minnesota

If you don't mind going with a group who do blue AND grey:
      Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
      Liberty Rifles

Or, if you want to be really cool you can do cavalry with the 1st Maine! www.mainecav.org

Take care,
      Tom Craig
      1st Maine Cavalry
      Tom Craig

Comment

Hey Thanks Tom! I have been looking at the Liberty Rifles, Chesapeake is new to me. As for the 1st Min. and Washington Guard, can't seem to find the right pages, but will keep lookin. Anyway, 1st Maine Cav. look excellent, prolly the best group of cavalry I've seen. Unfortunately for me, setting atop a horse would put me higher off the ground than I like to be (slight fear of heights and all)!

Respectfully,

Paul Huey
        Paul W.Huey III

Comment

Hi Paul,

Just send an email to Aaron Cook thru the LR website if you're still interested. He'll be glad to help you out.

Take care,
          Ryan Thomasson
          Robert R. Thomasson

Comment

Happy to help. I don't know if the 1st MN or WG have websites at this point, but I can get you contact info for either organization if you want to send me a PM here.

Take care,
            Tom Craig
            1st Maine Cavalry
            Tom Craig

Comment

Working...
            X