Emancipation Proclamation exhibited in Conn. thru 28.March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emancipation Proclamation exhibited in Conn. thru 28.March

I wish I had learned of this earlier and could have posted with more notice.
    I just had the priviledge of viewing the original Emancipation Proclamation. Several other Lincoln related items/memoraborilia and documents are also displayed, as is the document from Virginia's Constitutional Secession.

These and several other selected historic documents are being displayed as part of the "American Originals" and "Connecticut Originals" exhibits at the University of Hartford, Museum of American Political Life in the Gray Center building (which ends 16.May '04).

The Emancipation Proclamation will be exhibited through 28.March '04 only. Hours are Thurs., 26.Mar: until 8:PM; Sat., 27.Mar: 9:AM to 8:PM; Sun., 28.Mar: 9:AM to 4:PM. Parking and admission to the exhibit is free. A rare opportunity to read a few original documents, in some of our backyards, so to speak.
    George Darrell

Re: American Originals exhibited in Conn.

As George said, seeing the original "Emancipation Proclamation" was a rare opportunity. However, although people might have missed the limited four day exhibition of the original Lincoln EP, the National Archive's American Originals is still at the University of Hartford's Museum of American Political Life until May 16, 2004, Tuesday - Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please see http://www.hartford.edu/ao/ for the list of documents, lectures and links. It is FREE!!!

This traveling exhibition is outstanding and well worth seeing. I had the pleasure of doing four days of presentations at Hartford and also in Columbus, Ohio and Atlanta, Georgia. The public's response was overwhelming positive at these sites -- folks tended to linger for close to an hour. It's a unique opportunity to see several documents in one environment outside of the National Archives and its regional locations. Hartford is the last stop of the traveling exhibit and it will be retired. The complimenting Connecticut Originals exhibit is also outstanding.
    Last edited by Yulie; 03-29-2004, 03:05 PM.
    Yulanda Burgess
    5th USCI, Co. C

Comment

Working...
    X