This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Muskets...

Did a search, keyword 'stolen', and didn't see anything about this, so I thought I'd ask. Hadn't heard anything regarding it for a while and just got wondering whatever happened. Was there ever any resolution in the matter of those muskets that were stolen from an event a couple of years ago? Quite a few of them as I recall. I was just wondering if they ever caught anybody involved, or if somebody happened across his weapon at a flea market or something. Be nice to know that somebody got nailed for it--just wondering.
    Micah Hawkins

Popskull Mess

Re: Stolen Muskets...

I think you talking about the one up in Oregon two years ago, if so they found the muskets and it was found by one of the guys who had his musket stolen! :tounge_sm Also there were reports of cars being broken into and all the muskets were stolen from my old unit the 20th Maine co. A , which made it just as odd that it was just from 1 unit the muskets were stolen from. :sarcastic Though all the musket were found later in the year, but I have not heard if anybody has gotten nailed and the muskets were found at a gun shop when the guy who had his musket stolen was shopping for caps when he saw the muskets then reported it to the cops.

Comment

The very one I meant. I was thinking Northwest but couldn't remember the state. Glad to hear everybody got reunited with their 'significant other'. :D Thanks.
      Micah Hawkins

Popskull Mess

Comment

I remember that event! There were four stolen. The rifles were found being sold as real American Civil War rifled muskets.

Comment

That was SGT. Greg bohman of the 20th that found them in his local gun shop and he found them because he had not had the serial code removed, then since he remebered what the code was he got his musket back. I also find it funny that was the same year I moved to California and I to may have gone through the stress of lossing it. One more thing, When were the muskets stolen, because I heard it was during the fireworks or while they were sleeping and did they ever catch the thiefs?

Comment

It was during W.M. 2002? And I heard talk of them being taken during the day and that it why every one tries to keep rifles in thier tents not keeping them ley against the post of the tents. Most of the public are there to learn and some are there for other reasons.

Comment

Not sure why this thread went beyond the third post.

CLOSED
              Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
              X