Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduction Federal Flags

Gents,

I'm looking for a high quality maker of Federal silk National Colors, as well as a maker of NY state colors. I have all the original spects, just no one to make the flags.

Thanks,
    Ryan McIntyre
    124th New York State Volunteers
    Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
    Joseph H. Johnston
    March 16th 1863
    Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
    Henry M Howell
    March 8 1863
    In camp Near Falmouth

Re: Reproduction Federal Flags

You may want to run a search. There was a thread on this less than a month ago with a really good site listed.
    Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Greetings,

In my book, there is really only one guy to go to: Steve Hill, of the Indiana War Memorials, Indianapolis. Steve is very familiar with Eastern Theater colors and is currently making repro flags for the West Point chapel. Steve's prices are "high-end" but his flags are absolutely outstanding and based on meticulous research. Steve and I just worked together on making a 2nd Pattern Hardee color for the 32nd Tennessee Infantry (AoT) based on much research and "informed speculation."

Here is Steve's e-mail address:

dupageflag@att.net

Tell him Mark Jaeger sent you. That, and $3.00, will get you a latte at Starbuck's (ha, ha!).

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
      Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Originally posted by markj
        Greetings,

In my book, there is really only one guy to go to: Steve Hill, of the Indiana War Memorials, Indianapolis. Steve is very familiar with Eastern Theater colors and is currently making repro flags for the West Point chapel. Steve's prices are "high-end" but his flags are absolutely outstanding and based on meticulous research. Steve and I just worked together on making a 2nd Pattern Hardee color for the 32nd Tennessee Infantry (AoT) based on much research and "informed speculation."

Here is Steve's e-mail address:

dupageflag@att.net

Tell him Mark Jaeger sent you. That, and $3.00, will get you a latte at Starbuck's (ha, ha!).

Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Mark,

I've been trying to locat steve for a year now...he used to be in the boston area back in the early 90's and made a set of the 124th NY's 1862 colors for us. Thanks for locating him for me.

Respectfully,
        Ryan McIntyre
        124th New York State Volunteers
        Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
        Joseph H. Johnston
        March 16th 1863
        Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
        Henry M Howell
        March 8 1863
        In camp Near Falmouth

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Glad to be of service. I took the liberty of shooting Steve a heads-up e-mail in case you do decide to contact him. Steve's a super guy--I've been over to his house as I live only a hour away from him.

Good luck!

Mark Jaeger
          Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Working...
          X