Arkansas events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas events

Just sitting here wondering if there are events that take place regularly within, oh, say a couple hours' or so drive time from Little Rock. My Dad's retiring (yeah right. the next preacher I see who really retires will be the first) and moving down there and I'll be going down to spend time with him whenever I can, and he's never gotten a chance to come and really enjoy an event I was at. Just kinda checking so I can know for the future. Thanks.
    Micah Hawkins

Popskull Mess

Re: Arkansas events

Originally posted by KentuckyReb
    Just sitting here wondering if there are events that take place regularly within, oh, say a couple hours' or so drive time from Little Rock. My Dad's retiring (yeah right. the next preacher I see who really retires will be the first) and moving down there and I'll be going down to spend time with him whenever I can, and he's never gotten a chance to come and really enjoy an event I was at. Just kinda checking so I can know for the future. Thanks.
    Prairie Grove, Arkansas Dec 4-5, 2004
    There is a battle reenactment every other year at the state park, which is located in the northwest corner of the state near Fayetteville.
    Robert W. Talbott

Comment

The state park at Old Washington(north of Hope) has resurrected their event. It is held either the last of Oct. or first of Nov.
      Originally posted by tenthmo
      Prairie Grove, Arkansas Dec 4-5, 2004
      There is a battle reenactment every other year at the state park, which is located in the northwest corner of the state near Fayetteville.
      Tom Yearby
      Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

If you contact the Arkansas Tourism center they should be able to help you. The last time I visited my brother in Little Rock, I picked up a pamphlet that featured the Civil War Trail of Arkansas. It seemed to be a fairly comprehensive listing of all sites and activities in the state. I have since lost it or else I would list a web site, but it shouldn't be that hard to look up. Thomas N. Rachal, 47th NYVI
        Thomas N. Rachal

Comment

yes, Old Washington a good one now that they got it going again. Last year there were about 300-400 on both sides. Its held every year. There were about the same number at Prairie Grove in 2002, but I heard it was small compared to most Prairie Grove's.
          Lane Reeder
          Co. E, 3rd Arkansas Infantry
          Texas Brigade
          Susterslot adalah salah satu situs yang menjadi tempat favorit para pemain game online di tahun 2024 yang masih menjadi trending topik hingga saat ini.

Comment

Recently, there has been some discussion of possibly doing another "Red River Campaign", one that would begin at the lower sites (Mansfield/P.Hill) then continuing a few days later at Jenkins Ferry. It's still in the discussion phase, and to my knowledge, only a tentative date has been set in April of '06. We are hoping to make the event much like the Mansfield/P.Hill event of last week...some of the guys have suggested a Missouri impression...stay tuned or e-mail me for updates.

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. Cripes, I posted this thread and then forgot all about the durn thing...helpin' Dad pack, as a matter of fact. We're heading down there this weekend with a load, Thomas, so I'll pick up another one of those brochures. I had one, but when Dad moved up here I didn't think he'd be moving back so I let it slide. Thanks again, all.
              Micah Hawkins

Popskull Mess

Comment

Working...
              X