Civil War Digital Digest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War Digital Digest

I would like to announce the Civil War Digital Digest which launched a couple weeks ago.

The Civil War Digital Digest will provide quality videos with researched content on topics for those interested in the American Civil War era.

New videos will be uploaded to the YouTube channel every two weeks on Wednesday. A new video went up this morning, which discusses Richmond Depot Type II jackets (and a little more).

To find the channel follow the link below or put in Civil War Digital Digest in the YouTube search function. If you like what you see please subscribe to the channel. Once the channel reaches 500 subscribers a custom link can be established which will make it much easier to share and find.

Civil War Digital Digest Channel

CWDD Facebook Page

For those curious, we will be branching out into the world of civilian topics in 2016 as well as some road trips to get a wider range of content for you to enjoy.
    Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
    Civil War Digital Digest
    Sally Port Mess

Re: Civil War Digital Digest

I've been watching your videos, great stuff!
    Ryan Schuda
    Co. C, 45th IL / Co. G, 15th TN
    Dirty First Mess

Comment

Excellent series! I really enjoy the vids and I look forward to what you guys have planned for the future.
      Kenny Pavia
      24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Outstanding!
        Brett Bondurant
        Cape Fear Living History Society

Comment

Great videos. I look forward to more.
          Tim Walker.

President, 125th New York State Volunteer Regiment Association

In Memory of Sgt. Philip H. Van Horn, Co. C, 121st New York State Volunteers

Comment

Have only had the chance to watch the first two. I very much enjoyed them.
            David Parent

The Cracker Mess
            MLK Mess
            Black Hat Boys
            WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

Thank you for putting these together. I look forward to seeing more.
              Erich Bruning
              12th Georgia Co. F

Comment

Jeremy, these are Excellent!!!

I look forward to more of this effort.
                Terre Hood Biederman
                Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Thank you very much. A Christmas episode is coming soon and content is filmed to last through winter. Some civilian topics are in the works to launch hopefully springtime or earlier. The ideas we have and come up with seem to be endless. The real careers, locations and talent scheduling are the only road blocks we have found so far.
                  Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                  Civil War Digital Digest
                  Sally Port Mess

Comment

Keep up the great work. Showed them to some of the other active duty guys, they're already ordering stuff.
                    Rob Warren
                    GySgt 2d MarDiv

Comment

Our latest episode "A Union Christmas" has been uploaded tonight.

This episode looks at how Union soldiers experienced the Christmas holidays away from loved ones. We hope you enjoy the episode and please share with others you think might enjoy it. We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thank you for your support of our new effort. We are excited about what is to come in 2016. Enjoy the best of the holidays with your families!

www.youtube.com/c/civilwardigitaldigest
                      Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                      Civil War Digital Digest
                      Sally Port Mess

Comment

Very impressed with the videos, and I've subscribed to the channel so I don't miss anything. The videos are a great resource for me, as this is my first season of reenacting and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
                        Robert M. Farley
                        24th VA Inf. (New River Rifles)

"Let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees"
                        - Thomas J. Jackson

Ancestors of Note:

Pvt. James R. Farley- Co. I, 60th VA Inf. C.S.A (3rd Great Uncle)

Comment

Working...
                        X