X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.B. Young?

Members,
    Anyone have any insight on M.B. Young? Last month I placed a order with him and the status has changed and I haven't received any response to my emails. Just wondering if since his goods take time to make if this is normal.
    Thank You,
    Ted Hubbard
    19th Ohio Infantry

Re: M.B. Young?

Mike is on Facebook, you may get a faster response, but yes, I wouldn't get anxious if you ordered it in April.
    Frank Siltman
    24th Mo Vol Inf
    Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
    Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
    Company of Military Historians
    Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

His Grandfather died not too long ago from cancer, which hit him hard. There may or may not have been some delays while he took care of personal business due to this.
      He does really nice work BTW.
      Michael Semann
      AC Staff Member Emeritus.

Comment

I had a terrible experience with this vendor and experienced the same things...this was a year and a half ago and his excuse then, was "personal issues." While I am sure he has quality items, he was not very customer friendly and I never did receive my sword belt. In the end, I asked him to refund my money, he didn't, and I had to challenge it with the credit card companies. My .02 cents.

Ben Cwayna
        Ben Cwayna

Comment

I ordered a roller buckle belt and 2 canteen straps in October for Christmas presents and still have not received them. I started messaging him in January and have been messaging him about once a month since. I have yet to get a response. I did not think my order was that difficult and I don't understand the lack of a response. Very poor customer service.

Mark Cox
          Mark Cox

Comment

Concur. My experience with him was awful.

Caveat emptor.
            Ivan Ingraham
            AC Moderator

Comment

I've had some frustrating dealings with several vendors these past two years.

I too have had items on order with MB Young for almost going on 2 years. Continually get excuses from him about the delays even though I was told by him this past January he would have my order finished up in two weeks at that time.... and have been told it would be finished up earlier also at the end of last year!!! Still nothing and no answers from PMs on Facebook even though I know he has seen the messages. I'm sorry that his Grandfather passed, but after two years and he says the order is going to be done in XX number of days and nothing? Your word is your bond IMO. Just not someone I'm going to do business with regardless of the quality of goodies. Don't mean to sound hateful, especially if his run of bad luck is true, but it gets ridiculous.

I've also had a Palmer blanket on order from W. Hutzell and Co for 2 years now too. More of the same from him. I can't get it done because of this or that. Was told by him that the blanket would be finished up and shipped about 2 months ago. Same result, no answer to PMs on Facebook and I know he as seen the message.
              Last edited by teufelhund; 05-06-2016, 01:17 PM.
              ~Marc Shaffer~

Comment

Working...
              X