Okay, Here We Go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, Here We Go....

Not sure where to put this (and I ostensibly am part of the management on this site!) So, here we go.

Lots of discussion about the "demise" of the hobby, units crumbling, all kinds of harbingers. I offer the following:

I am planning an event for October of this year. I am not doing so out of ego or self-interest. Some people are going, others are not, and many feel that they need an invitation. So, I will put it out there: I see this as a great opportunity to get some unity going in the hobby that is sorely lacking, both for US and CS.

There is enough for all of us, I think, to coexist, and though the chains of command and battalions are set, I have never said entire units that want to serve together or come out would be turned away. It is our hobby. Let's be solutions-based and figure out how to work together.

Some people want the same old stuff and that is fine. However, we at 40 Rounds Events plan campaigner-focused, immersion experiences that focus on Civil War soldiering. We started at an adjunct, and after looking at the hobby and what people are complaining about that is lacking at events we sought to fill a gap--to provide the experience people seek.

We have not worked with everyone out there nor do we know them. We can build a lot of bridges together, however, and from two ends at once. Interested in working with us, or participating in a different kind of construct? Come on out and see what we have to offer. Unit integrity is always respected.

Want to discuss further? Please drop me a line; I would prefer to talk in-depth via IM and off line than publicly if issues are contentious, and they can be, I know.
    Last edited by Ambrose Bierce; 03-18-2017, 01:01 PM.
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator
Working...
X