S.A. Miles Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.A. Miles Hat

I ordered a Hardee hat from S.A. Miles back in March.

I still haven't received it.

They have not responded to my respectful inquiries (or my address update) through their website or by email

Anyone have experience with them? How long it usually takes them?

Thanks.
    Todd Wilber

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”
    --Desiderius Erasmus

SUVCW Member

Re: S.A. Miles Hat

Still no response from Miles. I should have just bought a Dirty Billy.
    Todd Wilber

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”
    --Desiderius Erasmus

SUVCW Member

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. Can't speak for them as a vendor (nor am I defending poor customer service), but those who have received items from them are generally very pleased. Very frustrating nonetheless.

In the interim, check out the AC Approved Vendor List. There are several vendors who make hats, among other things, and being as these purveyors are endorsed by the AC you will be working with proven providers.

In your search, look for the reproductions that meet the regs in construction, pattern, and materials. Details often equal dollars, but doesn't always mean that more expensive is better.

Finally, there are hats available on the used market, both here on the AC and on FB. Bender made a lot of hats and these come up for sale periodically.

If your hat does show up from them you can always move it as a collectors item! *I kid!*
      Ivan Ingraham
      AC Moderator

Comment

Still no hat or response by Miles. Website is now defunct.
        Todd Wilber

--Desiderius Erasmus

SUVCW Member

Comment

I have no personal experience. I have HEARD that he is lately not been very punctual in terms of his delivery. Some folks have been waiting years.
          Jacob "Ned" Nolan
          Mess No. 1

Comment

Sorry to hear about your experience. I did order a 1858 Dress Hat from them back in May of 2019 and they delivered it personally at the “Missionary Ridge” event last November. It's a quality hat.
            Chris G. Mantas

"When those fellows get started, all hell can't stop them." – Gen. Gordon Granger- IV Corp / Army of the Cumberland

Comment

I ordered a hat from them and they said that it would be out in May the reason why Shane is taking so long to get stuff is because Shane has 3B Lung cancer and the demo he is on makes him very tired and hard to work ( to be honest I don’t think he has much time left but I am praying he makes a recovery)
              Nicholas Godwin

Comment

I waited just under a year for an 1858 Dress Hat... I have heard rumors that he has filled very few if any orders this year, but that's a rumor and I cannot substantiate it.
                Todd Reynolds
                Union Orphan Extraordinaire

Comment

I finally got a hold of Miles. He apologized and said he has started the hat.

I am sorry to hear about his cancer but at least inform people about it before taking orders.
                  Todd Wilber

--Desiderius Erasmus

SUVCW Member

Comment

Working...
                  X