Charleston Depot clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charleston Depot clothing

Hey all, Does anyone out there have any information concerning goods produced by the Charleston Depot? I have already seen and read Les Jensons article on the Company of Military Historians site, but was looking for anything with pictures of the jackets particularly. Thanks for any help.
    Isaac Forman

Re: Charleston Depot clothing

Here is a link to the South Carolina Relic Room. I think this should be a good start. Hope it helps. http://www.state.sc.us/crr/
    Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

Ok, well perhaps not, apologies. They don't really have much as far as photographs unless I just lack the proper navigation skills for their site. The only other suggestion I could give you is to get a hold of the extra options the museum of the confederacy offers to online members. http://moc.org/
      Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

Sir,

What are you specifically looking for and why? I have several pictures of the jacket located at the UDC Museum in Charleston detailed in Jenson's article. There are also several other garments that would have at least been issued through the depot that survive. If you're looking for pictures in any published sources unfortunately there are none as of yet. I've been doing a goodly amount of research on the Charleston Depot and Arsenal of late and have lots of information on contractors, goods (and volume thereof) produced, etc. but much of it would prove rather boring to most folks. Clarify your needs and we'll go from there...

Regards,

Neill Rose
        Palmetto Living History Association

Comment

Neill,

If you are still involved, and if you would be willing to share, I am very interested in any information you might have regarding the Charleston Clothing Depot.

Greg Varley
          Researcher, Warren Lasch Conservation Center, North Charleston, SC
          wlccresearch@clemson.edu
          Greg Varley

Comment

Working...
          X