2nd Maryland CSA kepi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Maryland CSA kepi

At the risk that someone may have already posted, this is just too good so I'm going to give a heads up anyway. If anyone wants to see an original 2nd Maryland CSA kepi in amazing condition go to the following website

GUNSIGHT ANTIQUES - A broad range of historical Americana with a primary focus on the Civil War period. Excellent Civil War Antique Site.

Just search under kepi. I wonder how many of these caps exists? This very well may be one of kind.

Ken Raia
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Ken Raia[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Re: 2nd Maryland CSA kepi

Thanks Ken, someone should move this out of the sinks and into another folder like Modern Photos of CW Uniforms or something.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Daley
      Thanks Ken, someone should move this out of the sinks and into another folder like Modern Photos of CW Uniforms or something.
      Chris,

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize we had a folder set aside for this. By the way, I just tried to look at the cap again on their site and it's no longer there? Even the stuff they sell hangs around on their website for a while. Not sure what happened with this one.

Ken Raia
      [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Ken Raia[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

That is very odd. The pictures do seem to be removed and the webmaster does a fairly good job of keeping people from getting a copy of his pics. Not good enough however so if anyone would like to see what it looked like (it was nice) send me a message. I have the images at work so it will be Monday before I can send them to you. :D

Comment

That's ok, I've got lots of photographs of this kepi. I was able to handle it between owners and shot scores of photos of it, inside & out for the "book" I want to do on CS headgear.

Although the style is what we call a 2nd MD kepi, I don't think it has any particular provenance to any particular state or regiment.

Greg Starbuck
          The brave respect the brave. The brave
          Respect the dead; but you -- you draw
          That ancient blade, the ass's jaw,
          And shake it o'er a hero's grave.

Herman Melville

http://www.historicsandusky.org

Comment

Greg,

Would love to see pics- can you email them to me at ltcolcsa@hotmail.com

Thanks!
            S. Chris Anders

"Authenticity Glorifies the Campaign"

Comment

Great post - thanks! Looks like someone bought the kepi but the pics are still here:

GUNSIGHT ANTIQUES - A broad range of historical Americana with a primary focus on the Civil War period. Excellent Civil War Antique Site.

If kepis could talk.....

I remain Et. Cetera,
              Michael Shea

Comment

Working...
              X