Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sign your name to your posts! (& other Rules to Posting here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sign your name to your posts! (& other Rules to Posting here)

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, as I am new here, but I was wondering why there seems to be a large number of locked threads on the AC forum?
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][B][SIZE="3"]James Cannon[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Sons of Confederate Veterans, Henry Watkins Allen Camp #133 (Baton Rouge, LA)[/FONT]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Louisiana State Militia, 10th Brigade[/FONT]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][I]“The Confederate sabreur kissed his blade homeward riding on into the mouth of hell.” [/I][/FONT]

Comment

Hallo!

Threads that violate AC Forum rules and policies, that violate AC Forum rules and policies leading to Flame Wars, Personal Attacks, increasing numbers of Reports, complaints, Moderator PM's and e-mails, etc, may be closed/locked after discussion and consensus of Administrators or Moderators.

Egregious postings may be deleted.

Theads or posts that have violated the rules and policies to a lesser degree but that have stopped being of value, interest, or "teaching moments about the Forum," and that just generate problems may be edited or closed/locked.

Curt
      Curt Schmidt
      In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
      -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
      -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
      -Vastly Ignorant
      -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Ok, Curt, thanks for the information. That answered my question pretty thoroughly.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Sons of Confederate Veterans, Henry Watkins Allen Camp #133 (Baton Rouge, LA)[/FONT]
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][I]“The Confederate sabreur kissed his blade homeward riding on into the mouth of hell.” [/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Parault View Post
          P.L. is my first name. My Birth certificate is P.L. Parault Jr. My drivers License is P.L. Parault Jr. My S.S. Is P.L. Parault Jr. So I do sign my full name.

When I first joined this site I read all of the rules and have tried my best to follow them. It seems to me,that when I joined this forum,I followed the rules,and placed my FULL name on the bottom. Nobody said anything then.

P.L. Parault Jr.
          I personally know quite a few folks in southeastern Louisiana and southern Mississippi whose legal name on their birth certificate is two initials that don't stand for anything at all. I guess it depends on what part of the country one lives in as to whether this is common practice or unusual. I'm not sure I understand a parent's reasons for namimg a child with initals only, but who am I to judge? I suppose a parent could do a worse job of naming a child though.

P. L., if it's no too personal of a question, is it a family tradition or practice? I see that you're a junior, so I might assume that your father is named the same way. Have you ever heard any family discusssions as to why the initals only?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hallo!

Herr James...

The question and issue of folks with alphabet letters for their legal names was resolved when this thread last ran- back in June of 2007.

Curt
            Curt Schmidt
            In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
            -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
            -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
            -Vastly Ignorant
            -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

What's the problem folks? If you write a post, you sign your name to it. Why is that an issue ?
              Tom Dodson
              47th Ga
              Tom Dodson

Comment

Isn't there a feature you can select that automatically signs your name for you every time you post?

Ken Raia
                [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Ken Raia[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Yes, in your user profile (usercp) you can set up and auto signature. It is very easy to do and ensures you don't violate this very simple rule.
                  [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                  [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                  [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Say a fellow is in the witness protection program, should he use his real name as listed on his original birth certificate, or the name the government has given him for his new idenity?
                    Tom Yearby
                    Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Tom, I would recommend that people in that peculiar situation should wear out the government identity until it is time to get a new one. Or, ask forgiveness and use their original name. This is not legal advice.
                      Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
                      Terry Pratchett

Comment

I suppose transexuals would also have a difficult time figuring out how to comply with the rule, as well. ...but the likelihood of that is probably pretty low.

I think its time to let information in this thread stand on its own.
                        John Wickett
                        Former Carpetbagger
                        Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
                        X