Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sign your name to your posts! (& other Rules to Posting here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign your name to your posts! (& other Rules to Posting here)

Lets not forget the rules of this website:

1) Sign your full name to every post.
    2) No farbism
    3) Be nice
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Re: Sign your name to your posts! (& other Rules to Posting here)

Originally posted by paulcalloway

2) No farbism
    3) Be nice
    Hi Paul,

I'm pretty new here (I'm A.D., as in After Database crash), so as a short self description, I'm one of those guys that lives in fear of discovering rules that everyone but me knows about!

The faq seems like something that comes as part of the forum software, I don't see a button labeled "forum guidelines" (as the CW reenactor forum has), and even after checking all the posts you've made, I'm not positive that there aren't some rules here I don't know about.

After noting the requirement for a full name in the signature (not just the profile), I later noticed a rule regarding avatars, so I surmise that such a list does exist.

Perhaps the recent database loss trashed them before I could read them?

So, please share the website rules or point me to them ;)

(If there's some button or option I haven't found that's staring me right in the face that is obvious to everyone else...oh well, it wouldn't be the first time.)

Comment

2) No farbism
      3) Be nice
      What are the "rules" (other than above)?

I just got a private message tonight about the name... never gave it much thought, most everyone in the hobby (from west coast to Kentucky/Virginia to Texas) knows me only as "Champ" or "Captain Ferguson"; most are confused if I use my "other" name.

I was a little taken aback I guess because I know of at least one other current member who is using their "reenactor name" & not their "real" name, so I didnt think it was a problem.

Also, I was told that the avatar has to be a reenactor picture, not the Dept. of East Kentucky flag I currently use.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks.
      Last edited by ; 01-17-2004, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Reflecting upon the way it "used" to be on this board, I have always understood the rules to mean...

1) Sign your post using your REAL name.

2) Use a avatar of the REAL you.

right or wrong?

Mark Mason
        Tarwater Mess
        [SIZE=2][B]Mark Mason[/B][/SIZE] :cool:
        [SIZE=2][I]Tar Water Mess[/I][/SIZE]
        [SIZE=2][I]GHTI[/I][/SIZE]
        [URL]http://http://www.ghti.homestead.com/[/URL]

Comment

Champ,

We ask that everyone use there given name in their signature. While not well known in the hobby, people do know me as Dusty so I incorporate that into my signature.

Also, the avatar is supposed to be a picture of you in uniform, if possible. Allowing flag, cartoon characters, etc may open doors we don't need opened.

Thanks for complying.
          Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Our FAQ will be more site-specific and reenactor focused once we get the other database back online.

In the event your full name and your known name do not fully coincide, please follow Dusty's advice... ie., Paul "Mailbox" Calloway, as an example
            Last edited by paulcalloway; 01-17-2004, 11:05 AM.
            Paul Calloway
            Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
            Proud Member of the GHTI
            Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
            Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Our FAQ will be more site-specific and reenactor focused once we get the other database back online.

In the event your full name and your known name do not fully coincide, please follow Dusty's advice... ie., Paul "Mailbox" Calloway, as an example
              Thanks to all for the clarification.

Comment

http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ead.php?t=1034

Comment

Hey Paul

I was wondering, It just now started saying I could post new threads. How do I do that. I cant figure out how to put a picture of me for my avatar.

Adam Ward
                  Adam Ward

Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
                  Sykes Regulars 2nd & 4th U.S. Infantry
                  The Shocker Mess
                  The Hedgesville Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Guerilla View Post
                    What are the "rules" (other than above)?

I just got a private message tonight about the name... never gave it much thought, most everyone in the hobby (from west coast to Kentucky/Virginia to Texas) knows me only as "Champ" or "Captain Ferguson"; most are confused if I use my "other" name.

I was a little taken aback I guess because I know of at least one other current member who is using their "reenactor name" & not their "real" name, so I didnt think it was a problem.

Also, I was told that the avatar has to be a reenactor picture, not the Dept. of East Kentucky flag I currently use.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks.

I had the same thing happen last night.

Fritz Jacobs
                    Last edited by Fritz; 06-25-2007, 05:07 AM. Reason: Signature
                    Fritz Jacobs
                    CPT, QM, USAR (Ret)
                    [email]CPTFritz@aol.com[/email]

Comment

What part of these rules did you not understand?
                      Jim Kindred

Comment

The rules look pretty cut and dried to me. Very self explainatory, and straight foward. Now how simple is that ?
                        [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Simple? How about filling in the blanks behind the P & L on your signature. :)
                          [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
                          [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
                          [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
                          [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
                          [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Comment

P.L. is my first name. My Birth certificate is P.L. Parault Jr. My drivers License is P.L. Parault Jr. My S.S. Is P.L. Parault Jr. So I do sign my full name.

When I first joined this site I read all of the rules and have tried my best to follow them. It seems to me,that when I joined this forum,I followed the rules,and placed my FULL name on the bottom. Nobody said anything then.

P.L. Parault Jr.
                            Last edited by Parault; 06-25-2007, 04:06 PM.
                            [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Hallo!

Deja vu is causing old moderator scars to ache...
                              Got to take a short break until the pain passes... :)

Curt
                              Curt Schmidt
                              In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
                              -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
                              -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
                              -Vastly Ignorant
                              -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
                              X