Black Powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Powder

Does anyone know a source in North East Florida, or South East Georgia where I can get some black powder? I was in Jacksonville today, and decided to stop in and get some more powder from my normal source there so that I can start rolling cartridges for Franklin, but they told me they've stopped carrying it. Is there anywhere I can get some?

Thanks,
    Adam Cripps
    [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]Adam Cripps[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Re: Black Powder

Been a long time since I bought BP in Jacksonville.....better than 20 years! Born and raised there abouts in N. Florida. We have the same problems here in San Antonio. There's only one shop I've found with true Black Powder.

You can order it direct from other sources, and though most require a full case, Powder Inc will sell Goex or Swiss in 5lb lots. Here's their web address

There are other direct sales distributors, and you can get better pricing on full case lots. You might check the Goex web site and Schutzen's web site for links to distirbutors.

Harvey Lane
    Co. K, 6th Texas Infantry

Comment

Last time I knew, Goex was charging $8-10 per pound. You might try:
      Deer Creek Products
      (765) 525-6181
      P.O. Box 246
      Waldron, IN 46182

I ordered there about 2 years ago, and averaged about $5 per pound with shipping for the Lidu/Dragon black powder (The one with Yosemitte Sam as the logo, which also represents very well all CS cav. in IL). The minimum buy was 25 pound, which was canned by the pound. So you might have to get some buds to buy it off you then if you're not much of a shooter. It would be a good idea to check with some local authorities before ordering. I didn't have a problem having it shipped to Cook County, which it was illegal to sell black powder in the county.

Good luck in your quest.
      Last edited by MarkTK36thIL; 08-01-2004, 03:35 PM.
      Mark Krausz
      William L. Campbell
      Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
      Old Northwest Volunteers
      Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

Not sure if you want to try them.. But I am sure there is a store near you. Most of the Wal-Marts in our area carry black powder and keep it in stock out of hunting season.

Thanks
        Daniel MacInnis
        Thanks
        Daniel MacInnis
        Adair Guards
        Commonwealth Grays
        [URL="http://www.westernindependentgrays.org"]WIG[/URL]
        [URL="http://www.westernfederalblues.org"]Western Federal Blues[/URL]

Comment

Everyone,

Thanks for the response. Looks like I'll have to order in bulk. As for checking locally, no there is no one. I've checked. Our wally world is pretty gay, never offering anything of any use. But oh well. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Cheers,
          Adam Cripps

Adam, grow up - Mike Chapman
          Last edited by dusty27; 08-02-2004, 12:31 PM.
          [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]Adam Cripps[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X