Into the Crimea!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Into the Crimea!!

Believe some of you might enjoy these links dealing with the European military, our interest in it, and the Crimea.

If anyone has anything to add, please do so.

Regards,

John

John Sarver
    Cincinnati

John Sarver

Re: Into the Crimea!!

Interesting,

What exactly did I do to move this thread to the Sinks? Was this a wrong button pushed by myself, or was the material not deemed worthy? Kind of interested.

Thanks,

John

John Sarver
    Cincinnati

John, your post is "worthy", I just felt it didn't belong in the Authenticity forum as it doesn't pertain directly to the ACW and authentic reenacting. - Mike Chapman

Mike,

Should have explained the links, as I somewhat disagree with you, and am afraid that folks might not take a look because it is a subject some folks may not have an interest in. You are correct, the Crimean War, isn't the Civil War. And I, didn't explain that these links are not general history links to that conflict.

The MOA document is the report by the US Army on the European armies, and describes not as much a history of the conflict, but their findings concerning the gear these armies were using. If someone has an interest in the M185/whatever French mess tin, this is the place to look.

The idea behind the photos link being that some of this equipment might be displayed or shown, thought it might provide interesting candidates for one of those neat "blow up" shots that some of our members are doing, and I can't figure out, when someone has a question on something like British knapsacks for example.

Please, put it where you wish, isn't a problem with me, didn't mean to make it sound as such. Am thankful that such a place exists to place something like this in the first place. But I believe if folks look through some of this, something of real interest to us, as Civil War folks, might come of it.

Thanks,

John

John Sarver
    Cincinnati
    Last edited by Agate; 08-22-2004, 08:28 AM.
    John Sarver

Comment

Working...
    X