Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What if.....?

Gee-hozey!

Imagine artillery firing full-weight rounds, with actual battle-charges, at realistic ranges!

Hmm . . . Light 12pdr., 12 lb. solid shot, 2 1/2 lbs. cannon powder, at a range of 800 - 1400 yards!

Excuse me, I need to be alone for a little while . . . :o

A tad expensive, but count me in!
    Mark A. Pflum
    Redleg and unemployed History Teacher
    Member:
    CMH
    AHA
    Phi Alpha Theta (MU XI Chapter)

Comment

Re: What if.....?

What is your biggest turn off about the N-SSA? I moved on into reenacting and then Living History, and away form their loosely costumed competitive shooting. And now, "Galtroops." ;-)
      A "Galtroop" shooting second relay on our position went 10 for 12 on the clay board this morning. Heck yes, get rid of the galtroops, they're outshooting us! Actually, as a non-profit corporation, I don't think that's an option for them anymore.

An N-SSA member ALWAYS has the option of shooting an "as issued weapon" with "as issued" ammunition now. And a team or member "not in the medals" can always give up the "tweaked" guns and loads" any time. How many do?
      Yesterday, I was shooting an all-original Barnett Enfield carbine, using service loads and a traditional profile minie. The trigger pull was every ounce of 16 lbs. I don't know what hurts more, my shoulder or my trigger finger. Next time, it's back to the as-issued Burnside carbine. :D
      Michael McComas
      drudge-errant

Comment

Working...
      X