Glengarry Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glengarry Clothing

I just checked the links section and approved vendors list and saw that they weren't on the list anymore. I was just wondering what prompted ya'll to take them off
    I just ordered a CD 1 from him (haven't got it yet) and am kinda worried about being innaccurate now...some help please...I'd seen people praise Gordon's work here on the A/C before and that is what prompted me to buy from him...not to diss anyone else mind you...

your obedient servant,
    Jordan Davis

Re: Glengarry Clothing

Originally posted by Lone_Rebel87
    am kinda worried about being innaccurate now...some help please...
    The approved vendors on that list are people who financially support the A/C. The status of the vendors that were on the list but are not now has not changed, just their involvement with the A/C. The thought is, we support those that support us.
    Scott Gulley
    PPM/GHTI/WIG

Comment

Gordon has some difficult personal issues at the moment, so he may not be spending much time on the computer.
      Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Rebel87
        I just checked the links section and approved vendors list and saw that they weren't on the list anymore. I was just wondering what prompted ya'll to take them off
        I just ordered a CD 1 from him (haven't got it yet) and am kinda worried about being innaccurate now...some help please...I'd seen people praise Gordon's work here on the A/C before and that is what prompted me to buy from him...not to diss anyone else mind you...

your obedient servant,
        Jordan Davis
        Jordan,

Paul Calloway published a statement indicating that the approved vendors list did in fact drop a few vendors during some of the recent conversion/update activity. Please rest assured that I am still considered an approved vendor, still produce authentic goods and still support (monetarily and otherwise) the AC. So there. And the CD1 is still here awaiting payment.

Regards,

Gordon Downie
        Glengary Clothing Depot
        Santa Ynez, CA
        Regards,
        Gordon Downie
        [URL=http://mysite.verizon.net/ndownie/]Glengary Clothing Depot[/URL]

Comment

I must have inadvertently deleted Glengarry, but he is STILL on the Approved Vendor list. My apologies for the oversight.
          Paul Calloway
          Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
          Proud Member of the GHTI
          Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
          Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Gordon,
            I looked on Ben Tart's website but could not find the material you made a pair of pants out of described as follows:

"These are made of Ben Tart jeans cloth dyed using steel/iron dye. Interesting color that darkens with exposure (as opposed to changing lighter like most other naturally dyed fabric). "

Did you dye this or did Ben?
            Patrick Landrum
            Independent Rifles

Comment

Pat and all,

I don't doubt that Ben did that iron-dyed cloth. I'm pretty positive he's been doing that for years now. It's a good idea to give him a holler from time to time as some fabrics he has in production aren't on the website. He was chatting about a new cloth called "Yeller Dog" most recently. Should be interesting to see.

My two cents.

Fred Baker
              Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by coastaltrash
                Gordon,
                I looked on Ben Tart's website but could not find the material you made a pair of pants out of described as follows:

"These are made of Ben Tart jeans cloth dyed using steel/iron dye. Interesting color that darkens with exposure (as opposed to changing lighter like most other naturally dyed fabric). "

Did you dye this or did Ben?

It is Tart material, he had tons of it a few years ago and could not give it away. He will now do it by special request.
                Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Patrick,

My sincerest apologies for not replying to you query directly in a timelier manner. What the other replies have said is true: the fabric (iron dyed jeans cloth) is a product of TB&B. It was offered some year’s back and then production ceased. I had a small quantity of the 'old' material on hand and produced a few garments from it. These caught quite a few folks eye' and resulted in my asking Ben Tart if he would make another run, which he very obligingly did. You will find that Ben is a very amiable person who will discuss special needs with you should you need a fabric other than those imaged on his site.
                  The popularity of this material is not in question due to the fact that I can go through whatever I get from Ben in a very short time (due to orders, not because I am a slob). Good stuff and a fairly unique, authentic dye. Ben told me that some folks in the iron rich soil areas actually buried the raw cloth in the soil and the resulting product was close to this color. Anyone who ever saw guys in dress whites field-testing Newton’s Law in Southeast Asia or Hawaii (or Georgia for that matter) can attest to the viability of this dying method.
                  Regards,
                  Gordon Downie
                  [URL=http://mysite.verizon.net/ndownie/]Glengary Clothing Depot[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                  X