Reenactor Photographers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reenactor Photographers

I was looking for some help, and i think this would be the best place to ask, as i have already done a search on this site. I am wanting a list of names of reenactor photographers, who do the period style pictures, tintypes, etc. also was wanting to find out if there will be any at the franklin event, cause i have been wanting to take one for sometime now. any help is appreciated.

thanks

stephen "Lawg" chavez
    6th tx co. K
    Alamo Rifles

Re: Reenactor Photographers

Photographer Tim Parson said he was planning on attending the Franklin event to make some photographs (Ambrotypes). He is out of Bowling Green, KY. I've had a few images taken by him and have been pleased with the results.
    With the size of the Franklin event, there may be some other photographers there as well.
    Matthew Rector

Comment

I'm glad this was addressed...they're asking about it over on the NSA board right now and nobody seemed to know. I was curious too. Thanks, Matt.
      Micah Hawkins

Popskull Mess

Comment

We ran into Wendell Decker at Ft. Pillow this past spring and he mentioned he would be at Franklin as well. There must be something in those Kentucky waters to produce two very fine ambrotypists from the same area. :-)
        [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
        [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

I've had images struck by each of these Gentleman, and both do a fine job.

As a matter of fact, I'll share them here.

The first image (the one of the large group) was taken by Mr. Decker at Ft. Gaines earlier this year. The second image was taken by Mr. Parsons at South Union.

(Keep in mind, the scanner doesn't always do justice to a great glass image)
          Attached Files
          Brian Hicks
          Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

I arranged for Wendell Decker to show at Shakertown. Now you can get an image taken in one sitting instead of 3 or 4.
            Rick Bailey
            Melodian Banjoist from Allendale and Founder of Waffle Schnapps.

Comment

I just had an email from a guy wanting me to come to his event and do wet plate photography?!!? For the record, I don't do period photography - in fact, my wife never lets me near our camera so it could also be said, "I don't do photography, period."
              Paul Calloway
              Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
              Proud Member of the GHTI
              Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
              Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Paul,

Do you think someone has you confused with Bob Szabo? I can imagine a conversation like, "hey, that guy with the forum takes wetplate images, ask him if he'll come to our event." Don't read anything else into that, as it wasn't intended.
                Phil Graf

Can't some of our good friends send us some tobacco? We intend to "hang up our stockings." if they can't send tobacco, please send us the seed, and we will commence preparing the ground; for we mean to defend this place till h-ll freezes over, and then fight the Yankees on the ice.

Private Co. A, Cook's Reg't, Galveston Island.

Comment

Phil, I bet you're right. We need to keep clear-thinking fellows like you around. I was so confused...
                  Paul Calloway
                  Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
                  Proud Member of the GHTI
                  Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
                  Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Contact Jim Lammers about this since he is the sutler coordinator for the Franklin event and see if he would drop you some information about who will be attending the event. You can get a hold of him by email @ jimlam2@email.msn.com

or by phone @

(423) 317-7602

Comment

Originally posted by easttnfed
                      Contact Jim Lammers about this since he is the sutler coordinator for the Franklin event and see if he would drop you some information about who will be attending the event. You can get a hold of him by email @ jimlam2@email.msn.com

or by phone @

(423) 317-7602
                      The official event website has a listing of all sutlers/merchants/craftspeople etc., registered to attend. A couple period-correct photgraphers will be there...not to be confused with the "old-timey sepia toned picture takers" who are also included in the list.

Bully,

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the info, and i will post my picture when i get back from franklin, hope to see many of you there.

best wishes,

stephen chavez
                        6th tx. co k
                        Alamo Rifles

Comment

Working...
                        X