If you need to evacuate The Hurricane Frances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you need to evacuate The Hurricane Frances

My home is open to anyone who needs to get away from the coast, I have room, I live 75 miles west of Daytona in Ocala I have a cement block home just bring your sleeping bags I have three couches a cot and an inflatable bed pets welcome
    if anyone one wants to take me up on this offer call me at 352-261-1354
    offer open to reenactors if I know you or not
    I ask no money stay as long as you need May ask you to help feed everyone that would be all,
    Be Safe and God Bless
    GeoSar
    Douglas Potter
    E-Mail [email]harley@mfi.net[/email]

Re: If you need to evacuate The Hurricane Frances

Doug,
    If I didn't know better, I would think you were appling for sainthood. If the reputation function was working, I would give you some. I live no where near FL, but none the less, your generosity is impressive.
    Ted Siljowicz

Comment

Originally posted by 55th VVI
      Doug,
      If I didn't know better, I would think you were appling for sainthood. If the reputation function was working, I would give you some. I live no where near FL, but none the less, your generosity is impressive.
      I quite agree. God bless you, Mr. Potter. I would only hope that the storm doesn't take a turn up towards you guys. We've experienced the misfortune that came with living in the direct paths of Hugo and Fran. These things are not fun.

Rich Croxton
      Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

What a very nice thing to do Doug...that's what I love about this 'hobby'....GREAT people.....
        John Barr
        2nd Delaware

Comment

Mr. Potter,

Very selfless, rare in these days. I echos that comradery is great amoung this hobby.
          Rod Miller
          [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
          A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
          1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
          1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
          1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
          1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
          Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
          1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
          Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Comment

I agree that is great and inspiring.

Although I'm not there, if you really want to get away (and dont mind dogs) my place near Fayetteville, NC is open. Just PM or email. same requirements as Doug but I only have an open couch. If somebody brought a common tent ...

Comment

Doug,

Man, thanks for the offer! They just extended the watch up here to Fernandina. So far there hasn't been an evacuation order, and more than likely won't be any thought of one till Saturday. It has given me a nice 5 day weekend from school though :D . Anyway, I don't think we'll have to evacuate, but there is always a small chance. The nice thing about all this is that we're getting 13 foot surf right now compared to our normal 3-4 foot. The tides are all screwed up so boating and swimming are out, but it is a thing of beauty to watch. I'm probably going to head to the beach here in a bit and work on some sewing down there. Anywho, thanks again man for the offer, and we'll keep you in mind in the event of an evacuation.

Cheers,
              Adam Cripps
              CLG
              [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]Adam Cripps[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Gentlemen, hats off to friend Potter. For a man to open his home to others, specifically stating that the offer stands whether 'I know you or not', is no mere gesture. Keep safe yourself, sir, and bless you for your generosity.
                Micah Hawkins

Popskull Mess

Comment

Working...
                X