Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• access to Fort Sill collection

Dear conmrades,
    again I would like to ask you to be of assistance to me concerning a research project.
    Does anybody of you in the US has access to the Fort Sill Collection?
    I would like to rebuild an officer's saddle after one original in their posession. It is pictured on p. 315 of Russel Beatie's book "Saddles".
    I have tried to contact them via e- and snail-mail without success.
    What I need are some pictures from different sides if not a templet of the seat padding.
    Any comments are most welcome!!
    Regards
    Jan H. Berger
    Jan H.Berger
    Hornist

German Mess
    http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Re: access to Fort Sill collection

Originally posted by J.H.Berger
    Dear conmrades,
    again I would like to ask you to be of assistance to me concerning a research project.
    Does anybody of you in the US has access to the Fort Sill Collection?
    I would like to rebuild an officer's saddle after one original in their posession. It is pictured on p. 315 of Russel Beatie's book "Saddles".
    I have tried to contact them via e- and snail-mail without success.
    What I need are some pictures from different sides if not a templet of the seat padding.
    Any comments are most welcome!!
    Regards
    Jan H. Berger
    Have you tried this address and phone number?

Fort Sill National Historic Landmark
    437 Quanah Road
    Fort Sill, Oklahoma 73503-5100
    Tel. # (580) 442-5123
    Fax. # 442-8120

Also this is the statement they have on the musuem website:

Due to having a small staff and the high number of research inquiries received at the museum, it is necessary that all requests be submitted in letter format. The number of requests received far exceeds the ability of the staff to respond quickly so it is important to include as many specific details as possible in the letter. On site visits to utilize the museum archives and other collections for research purposes can only be accommodated on an appointment basis. Appointments must be arranged in advance by contacting the museum Administrative Office by mail and requesting a Collection Access Form.

s/f

DJM
    Dan McLean

Cpl

Failed Battery Mess

Bty F, 1st PA Lt Arty
    (AKA LtCol USMC)

[URL]http://www.batteryf.cjb.net[/URL]

Comment

Working...
    X