Seems like the threads are a little bit behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seems like the threads are a little bit behind

Unitl then Matt, if we post stuff now, will the data disappear or will it become included with the saved "2006" threads?
    Gregory Deese
    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Welcome back. We're going batty out here without the AC!

Trish Hasenmueller

Comment

We should be able to merge the new stuff posted here with the recovered data so nothing new is lost.
        [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
        [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
        [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

And I'm not a moderator in 2004 and everyone is two years younger! There may be advantages? LOL, kidding!
          Sincerely,
          Emmanuel Dabney
          Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
          http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Comment

........And I don't have two kids in college, so I must have more money! Where's the bully buy!!??
            Paul Manzo
            Never had I seen an army that looked more like work......Col. Garnet Wolseley

Comment

Originally posted by Emmanuel Dabney
              And I'm not a moderator in 2004 and everyone is two years younger! There may be advantages? LOL, kidding!
              I AM a moderator again... Mua ha haaa!!! :tounge_sm
              John Wickett
              Former Carpetbagger
              Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Sorry to hear about all the troubles, losing the data, etc. I was actually unable to even check the various fora for a few weeks, so recently hearing the AC had been off line (and now has lost data from '04 to present) is rather heart-rending.
                I'm glad to see I can still log in, and also glad to see at least part of the Wealth of Information that is the AC Website is again available to us.
                Charles Kibler
                Co. A, Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
                Robert E. Lee

Comment

Glad to see we've got a backdoor partially open, and are slowly comin in it.

Problem easily solved as soon as I signed on the OTB this moring and dutifully followed the directions, updated my signature file, and reposted Banks Grand Retreat in the civilian events forum.

As usual, I spent the weekend off-line, this time concentrating on relearning how to ride, courtesy of some members of the Critter Company, as the last time I was on horseback, I was pregnant, and that child is now off in grad school.

Not that I'm fooling myself here--while the young women were cavorting on the fine ripsnorting young horses, slat bonnets lost in the wind, hair unfurled, and petticoats flying, I was hanging on for dear life, on a fine old Morgan horse named Victor--the one Patrick uses when they bring the wheelchair kids out to the farm to ride.

I did not (1) fall off (2) get stepped on (3) rip my skirt off my bodice, and I had sense enough to eschew the Sunday dawn ride so I would not slow the young folks down. I did however, serve as the alarm clock and make the coffee.

Life is good.
                  Terre Hood Biederman
                  Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                  Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Oh, wonderful. People can start calling me Jane Gilmore again. :tounge_sm

Thanks guys for all the work. I know these things can be really frustrating and ya'll are doing your best to get everything back to normal.
                    Anna Allen
                    <a href="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/">Star of the West Society</a>
                    [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]The Cherry Bounce Girls Mess[/B][/COLOR] :p

[I]It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.[/I]-Andrew Jackson

Comment

And I'm Miss Anna Mae again!!! It was funny that the last Citizens Items For Sale ad was posted by me. In case you're wondering, though, those items are no long available...LOL Yes, a lot has changed in two years..I have tred lightly on the threads in fears of finding mention of a fellow I was dating during that time. :-(

I, too, was going batty on Szabo's. If I had to read one more post by that man-chasing haint on the Singles thread I was going to start spewing some very bad words!! LOL Welcome back, AC Forum, and thanks, Matt & Co. for working so hard to make this Forum possible.
                      [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
                      [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by MissAnnaMae
                        I, too, was going batty on Szabo's. If I had to read one more post by that man-chasing haint on the Singles thread I was going to start spewing some very bad words!! LOL Welcome back, AC Forum, and thanks, Matt & Co. for working so hard to make this Forum possible.
                        She was about to drive me crazy too! Lord help you if she thought you were Scottish.
                        Derek Carpenter
                        Starr's Battery

"First at Bethel, farthest at Gettysburg and Chickamauga, last at Appomattox"

Comment

Miss Rose,

I headed right down your two year old for sale thread, happy to review those accomplishments.

The drawers that no longer fit you then, I claimed for Sister, and now they are too large for you, her, me, and even for the gal who took them next. Good, sturdy, well made (Mrs Pace's work) drawers that will likely see many more authentic gals on their way into smaller, fitter sizes.

And two years ago, nobody would have gotten me on a horse for any reason at all, nor could I have ridden through hay fields and woods without hacking out a lung--this weekend the inhaler stayed in the depths of my pocket.

And you've long since kicked the dust off your heels and moved past that unamed man.

Life is good.
                          Terre Hood Biederman
                          Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                          Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            ........And I don't have two kids in college
                            And I don't have two kids!

It was funny to revisit a recent thread about the baby pool contest to guess the time/date/birth of a child who's about to have his second birthday.

Of course as he's entering the 'terrible twos' maybe thinking back two years isn't such a bad thing once in a while... :wink_smil
                            [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by LibertyHallVols
                              I AM a moderator again... Mua ha haaa!!! :tounge_sm
                              REEEEEEWIND!!
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
                              Cincinnati

Comment

So who broke wind and blew the forum away?
                                Brad Ireland
                                Old Line Mess
                                4th VA CO. A
                                SWB

Comment

Working...
                                X