This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Rich folks

Warning If you offended by the modern world, DO NOT click on the link!!!!

GunsAmerica is the leading online gun auction site. Buy Everything Else for sale online. Sell your gun accessories through gun classifieds or gun auctions.

:)
    Last edited by HighPrvt; 09-13-2006, 05:51 AM.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]Howard Davis[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [I]Retired[/I]

Re: Hey Rich folks

Oh that's beautiful
    - Pvt. S. Martin Aksentowitz
    1st California Co. F
    Carleton's Cannibals

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Angst kommt; da werden sie Heil suchen, aber es wird nicht zu finden sein.- HESEKIEL 7.25[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"To day we. . . stopped a few minutes to examine the crumbling ruins the walls were defaced with Texians traitors names and Texican Braggodocia but nary a Texican thare to answer to his name or make good his writing on the wall."
    -Eli W. Hazen, 1st California Vol. Inf.[/CENTER]

[RIGHT][COLOR="Silver"]"Credo Quio Absurdum" - ECV[/COLOR][/RIGHT]

Comment

Looks farby to me and, it was not in EOG, Confederate or Union.

All that said, there is only one thing I would give that much for, and it ain't this.
      Ley Watson
      POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

If I had it, I'd probably try to rip a mag through it, and break somethin' !!! :cry_smile
        [I]Retired[/I]

Comment

Okay, I'll be the first one to jump out and say it... This tread has no business here. This site has become so farby since the resent crash. Sorry to Matt Woodburn for that comment. But gentalmen, we can all help him by policing ourselfs and not posting off topic issues such as this. Let it die.

Ken Zimmer

Comment

Lighten up bro, were just havin' a little fun!!!
            [I]Retired[/I]

Comment

I like that brown plastic, we should have stuck with that.

Comment

Mr. Zimmer is right. The weapon illustrated in the start of the thread is well-post Civil War. In fact, it is even post my date of birth, even though that too is a date that some consider ancient history. ;) That fact takes it out of the realm of discussion for this board.

Folks with good common sense (and who would normally hit the alert button on this sort of clutter and foolishness) are not hitting that button right now, because the moderators are covered up just trying to get folks reactivated and the board rebuilt.

So, the mods are due a thanks and a tip of the hat from us, along with the acknowledgment that they cannot stem the flow of creeping farbism, when they are too busy rebuilding a whole dam and levee system.

There are however, several places Mr. Davis may enjoy the newfound love of his life--one is in the privacy of his own personal computer space. It would be excellent if he would take his modern weapon in hand and go there.

Or, if his believes there to be 'like minded individuals' who share his interest, I would suggest he take it to the Off Topic Boys. If he passes the entrance of said establishment, he may discuss this until other free thinkers shout him down. And at that point, on that board, where that modern weapon might be relevant, I might join in the discussion and have a perfectly good time with it.
                Terre Hood Biederman
                Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Oh jeez, there was plenty of discussion of modern military equipment/uniforms, etc. Before the crash, remember the multi page thread about the new Army dress blues, for instance ? The real soldiers, and veterans didn't mind discussing such things.
                  Since this type of thing has been discussed in the past, how do you know the mods didn't see it, and didn't have a problem??

That rifle is a heck of a piece of history, what's wrong with history???

No disrespect ment to you Mrs. Lawson, but your post was way out of line, bordering on personal insult. If you have a personal problem with me, just send me a PM, and I'll send you my phone number, and we can discuss it like adults.
                  Last edited by HighPrvt; 09-13-2006, 05:16 AM.
                  [I]Retired[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by HighPrvt
                    Oh jeez, there was plenty of discussion of modern military equipment/uniforms, etc. Before the crash, remember the multi page thread about the new Army dress blues, for instance ?
                    Guess you didn't notice those discussions were in the modern military folder, not in the living history discussions.

Hank Trent
                    hanktrent@voyager.net
                    Hank Trent

Comment

While the Sinks is more loosely moderated than other folders, it's not the place for modern topics. I'm in no way "offended" by the modern world. M-16 discussion still does not belong in this folder. If current military servicemen wish to discuss the weapon in the Modern Military folder, that's fine by me.

Thread closed--please don't start another on the same topic.
                      Regards,
                      Elizabeth Clark

Comment

Working...
                      X