Cool CW Movie Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool CW Movie Trailers

I was just visiting one of Wide Awake Films' web sites, www.civilwargoods.com.

They have just revamped the whole site, and you can easily click & view trailers to all their DVDs. I thought they were all excellent- but check out the Spotsylvania trailer- intense! Franklin is great too.

And even though I own their Chickamauga documentary on VHS, the first few seconds of that trailer, with the charging johnnies being mowed down by Federal volleys, is soberingly realistic looking, with the bodies falling in heaps. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it in awhile.

Dan Hadley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Cool CW Movie Trailers

The "trailer" for the Spotsylvania documentary I thought most impressive of all. Very well done.
    Charles Kibler
    Co. A, Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
    Robert E. Lee

Comment

Pretty interesting find. Nothing like a good book though rather then a movie.
      Kyle Schumann

Des Teufels Mess

Comment

I agree- definitely no substitute for reading and researching. Most of the folks on this forum have likely read many books associated with any of the WAF titles, though, and watching documentaries like these is a great visual supplement to that knowledge- allows you to appreciate it more, even.

The flip side of that coin I guess is its value in a classroom setting, where you have an audience of students who may not be self-motivated to develop an appreciation for history by reading in-depth, and have subsisted, evolved even, in an environment driven primarily by visual media (TV, movies, etc.).

Documentaries like these, with dynamic, fresh visuals and editing can compete on that level for their attention, and has a great potential for opening new doors for a desire to learn about our Civil War, where before there was ignorance and apathy. Hey, it COULD happen.

Dan Hadley
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Those were good but I just loved the music they played for the Spotsylvania trailer. What language is it in? Latin maybe?
          [I]Sam Horton[/I]
          Musician
          OFJ Staff

Comment

I thought franklin was great.

Comment

Working...
            X