Robert Land boots and shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert Land boots and shoes

I have - Hence the reason for my last post!

I still have the boots, but he is an honorable man!

:wink_smil
    [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U]Ken Pettengale[/U][/I][/B][/FONT]
    [I]Volunteer Company, UK[/I]

"You may not like what you see, but do not on that account fall into the error of trying to adjust it to suit your own vision of what it ought to have been."
    -- [I][B]George MacDonald Fraser[/B][/I]

Comment

I have two pairs of his shoes. Both excellent quality, but one caveat-- I would buy them in person, rather than via email, if possible. I bought my first pair directly from a vendor and they fit like a dream. The second pair I ordered off the website and, while they are fine shoes, I got the impression that someone grabbed a larger size so that they could accomodate my wide feet. They are vastly longer than any other pair I have by any other maker.

That being said, they are fine shoes.
      Andrew Batten

Comment

I have owned a few pairs of his shoes, and love them. I was working some of my summers at Fort Delaware and wore his shoes everyday and all day. My only critique is that the soles (on the pairs I've owned) are sewn rather than pegged. This causes them to fall apart as soon as the threads are gone. I known shoes were made using various different methods, but I'd like to see some pegged. Most of the originals I have seen are pegged. Just my two cents...

Love his civilian "camp shoes"!

Brendan
        Breandan Mackie

Comment

Working...
        X