Robert Land boots and shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Land boots and shoes

Comrades - about 10 years ago I owned some brogans made by Robert Land and am wondering:

1. still in business?
    2. opinions on his quality vis a vis MJN, Mattimore and Serio?
    3. website?

thanks!
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Re: Robert Land boots and shoes

Doug:

Probably not much help, but...

1. Yes, he is still in business.
    2. I can't comment on this as I have never owned a pair of shoes from the other makers.
    3. No website that I know of. I do know that he sells his wares through S.G. Marinos, 890 Baltimore Pike Gettysburg, PA 17325 (717-334-9376).

Others may have a direct line of contact with Mr. Land.

--Jim
    [FONT=microsoftsansserif][SIZE=2]James R. Pfeiffer

Comment

Originally posted by pfeiffer3964
      Doug:

Probably not much help, but...

1. Yes, he is still in business.
      2. I can't comment on this as I have never owned a pair of shoes from the other makers.
      3. No website that I know of. I do know that he sells his wares through S.G. Marinos, 890 Baltimore Pike Gettysburg, PA 17325 (717-334-9376).

Others may have a direct line of contact with Mr. Land.

--Jim
      I have a pair of his civilian shoes and could not be happier with them. I have had shoes made by serio and others but Land's are my favorites. Sorry, I do not know how to contact him though.
      Stephen Johns

Save Mansfield

Comment

Remembrance Day he was at Spiros' and his shoes were hanging all around.

I bought the pair pictured in the link - It's a big picture (1494x912), but I thought you'd want to see all the details. (don't forget your browser may resize it to fit the screen) If you want more pics, email me at SgtTodd@mainecav.org

Gerald Todd
        1st Maine Cavalry
        Eos stupra si jocum nesciunt accipere.

Comment

Website soon!

I was just in contact with him a little while back. He had some neat shoes for sale on eBay under repro goods that were used but too small for me. Come to find out, he'll have a website soon.

I have:
          rlandfootwear@rogers.com
          as an email address

Hope this helps...

Jim Ross
          James Ross

Comment

Doug,

Both my son and I use his shoes. I'm on my second pair -- finally wore a pair out after 7 years or so. I've found his fed booties to be both reasonably comfortable and WATER RESISTANT. Much slopping around in mud and puddles and my feet have always stayed dry.

Fair Oaks Sutler also carries Rob't Land shoes, same price as if you ordered from him directly.

I have the following contact info for him; this was current as of McDowell, I think:
            Phone: (519) 836-2689
            Address: 5 Columbia Drive
            PMB 139 (postal mail box??)
            Niagra Falls, NY 14305

Note that the area code 519 is in Canada. Maybe he maintains a US mailing address for business purposes.

Ron Myzie

Originally posted by DougCooper
            Comrades - about 10 years ago I owned some brogans made by Robert Land and am wondering:

1. still in business?
            2. opinions on his quality vis a vis MJN, Mattimore and Serio?
            3. website?

thanks!

Comment

The address above is what I have for him. Last month I bought a pair of those shoes Mr. Ross mentioned and was most pleased with the quality of work.

Regards,
              Daniel Fodera
              Palmetto Living History Assoc

Comment

Thanks boys - appreciate the feedback and connection. Got an e-mail reply from him.
                Soli Deo Gloria
                Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I have just received two pairs of Robert's English Import Brogans this month, September 2008. I have Owned a pair of custom made high top boots for the past 10 or so years and they have done excellent service. The brogans are very impressive. The are made of very good leather, sturdy soles and counters. While I suspect they will need a good breakin time, they are a very substantial military shoe, I am very pleased with the value for money spent. Delivery time from order date was good.
                  One pair will be bulled for parade boots and the other for campaign.
                  I am very happy with the service and quality equal to that of E. J. Thomas and that says a lot.
                  These boots will serve me "many miles before I am done".

Erik Simundson
                  Erik Simundson

Comment

I own several pairs of Robert Land's civilian shoes, his Workman's Shoe, Georgia Shoe and his beautiful Congress Shoe. If you want a pair of high quality civilian shoes, with many of the period features missing on most reproductions (small square toe, shaped heel, quality calf skin that buffs to a high gloss), you can't go wrong with Robert Land. His customer service is great and you can order his products in stock from his website.

His web address:
                    http://robertlandhistoricshoes.com

Oh yeah, his women's shoes are incredible, such a variety! He made my wife a custom pair of silk satin slippers that she wore to our wedding (we provided the satin).
                    Last edited by Ian McWherter; 09-30-2008, 09:00 PM.
                    Ian McWherter

"With documentation you are wearing History, without it, it's just another costume."-David W. Rickman

Comment

I have a pair of his Canvas shoes and they are very nice and for the first time in 10 years I don't have blisters. I do have a crooked leg that angles out at 45 degrees as a result of sailing through a windshield during my younger and wilder days.

About two weeks ago I received a a nice pair of Robert's Civilian Georgia style shoes and I wear them everyday to work (Social Worker). The soft smooth leather gives with my bad leg. I even had a man to stop me in the local newspaper office and comment about how nice they looked. Even with the bad leg I ran the Marine Corp Marathon in 2:56. I have to focus on my gait or I will end up running in circles.

Regards,

Claude Sinclair
                      Claude Sinclair
                      Palmetto Battalion

Comment

Hi,

I have never bought a pair of shoes from this maker, but after reading this thread, I knwo were I am going to get my next pair of shoes from. They seem to have a large selction of shoes, and I look forward to purchasing a pair.
                        Andrew Kasmar

Comment

I bought my last pair of brogans from him. They are excellent, a great improvement on my previous pairs. He was a real nice person to talk to as well, extremely helpful with patience to answer questions. Great customer service and great product.
                          Jake Koch
                          The Debonair Society of Coffee Coolers, Brewers, and Debaters
                          https://coffeecoolersmess.weebly.com/

-Pvt. Max Doermann, 3x Great Uncle, Co. E, 66th New York Infantry. Died at Andersonville, Dec. 22, 1864.
                          -Pvt. David Rousch, 4x Great Uncle, Co. A, 107th Ohio Infantry. Wounded and Captured at Gettysburg. Died at Andersonville, June 5, 1864.
                          -Pvt. Carl Sievert, 3x Great Uncle, Co. H, 7th New York Infantry (Steuben Guard). Mortally Wounded at Malvern Hill.

Comment

I have a pair of British imports from him. I was not happy with the leather. It was advertised as "waxed". With the exception of a few spots the leather was as fuzzy as a Muppet. Fit and service were both great and the shoes have held up well.

Thanks,

Chris Talburt

Comment

I have a pair of British imports from him. I was not happy with the leather. It was advertised as "waxed". With the exception of a few spots the leather was as fuzzy as a Muppet. Fit and service were both great and the shoes have held up well.

Thanks,

Chris Talburt

Comment

Working...
                              X