X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pamplin Historical Park Opportunity

Greetings All!

Are you... a dynamic public speaker?

Are you... willing to share your knowledge with others?

Are you... interested in working for one of America's best Civil War sites?

Are you... available beginning in February 2007?

Pamplin Historical Park and the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier is looking for qualified and experienced individuals to serve as seasonal Interpreters beginning in February 2007! The Interpreter (Assistant) is responsible for providing direct interpretive services by presenting scheduled demonstrations and guided tours related to the Petersburg Campaign and the April 2, 1865 Petersburg Breakthrough; the experience of the common Civil War Soldier; and life in the antebellum South and the Civil War's impact on Southern civilians.

Interpreter (Assistants) should have a High School Diploma (or equivalent), interest in American social and Civil War history, knowledge of the principles of interpretation at a historical site, effective verbal communication skills, be able to perform tasks that require moderate physical exertion, and the ability to work a flexible schedule. Because many of the visitors during that time will be school students (Grades 4-6), a desire to work with young people is a must.

To Apply:
    The vacancy announcement will be posted on the Pamplin Historical Park website when we're ready to begin accepting applications. Any questions about the position can be addressed directly to me in the meantime.

Pamplin Historical Park is located on a 422-acre campus in Dinwiddie County, Virginia, six miles from Petersburg and 31 miles south of Richmond. The Park contains four museums, features an extensive costumed interpretive program, and preserves the site of a major Civil War battlefield. Pamplin Historical Park, a privately owned 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, employees more than 55 people and is a major historical attraction with an ambitious expansion plan. Please visit our website at www.pamplinpark.org.

Warmest regards,

Andrew H. Talkov
    Chief of Interpretation
    Pamplin Historical Park
    6125 Boydton Plank Road
    Petersburg, Virginia 23803
    atalkov@pamplinpark.org
    Last edited by Capt Bueller; 10-11-2006, 11:40 AM.
    Andrew Talkov

Re: Pamplin Historical Park Opportunity

Pamplin is beautiful, that place left a big impression on me when I visited it 3 years ago.

I'd jump all over this if I could.
    - Pvt. S. Martin Aksentowitz
    1st California Co. F
    Carleton's Cannibals

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Angst kommt; da werden sie Heil suchen, aber es wird nicht zu finden sein.- HESEKIEL 7.25[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"To day we. . . stopped a few minutes to examine the crumbling ruins the walls were defaced with Texians traitors names and Texican Braggodocia but nary a Texican thare to answer to his name or make good his writing on the wall."
    -Eli W. Hazen, 1st California Vol. Inf.[/CENTER]

[RIGHT][COLOR="Silver"]"Credo Quio Absurdum" - ECV[/COLOR][/RIGHT]

Comment

Man I wish I wasn't three states away with a full time career. I loved Pamplin when I was there last summer.
      Robert Collett
      8th FL / 13th IN
      Armory Guards
      WIG

Comment

Mr. Talkov,

It was a pleasure speaking with you the other day. I look forward to hearing more when the application process begins.

Regards,

Jason
        Jason C. Spellman
        Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Working...
        X