Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Resignation

Greetings:

I am resigning as one of the admins today. I have already notified Matt and Tripp and the moderators. It has been a great experience working behind the scenes here and I have no ill feelings or regrets. My personal life and job responsibilities have reached the point where I simply can't dedicate the time that is necessary to do a good job here. Please do not send inquiries regarding your account, etc. as I have stopped responding. Nothing personal - I need to make the break somewhere. Tripp can help you out.

I'm sure Matt and Tripp will be following up with more information about the transfer of my duties once we have the chance to "de-brief" a bit. Tripp has already indicated that he will take over the cover contest. More to come on that around the 20th.

Thanks to all of you during my stay as an administrator here. I am happy that the monthly cover contest has taken off. I created it for the membership to show the rest of the reenacting world what a good impression looks like. I hope you enjoy it each month. Thanks for everyone's patience with registration. I tried to be fair. It was a lot of fun to see each person's impression when I worked on avatars. Keep up the improvement -always.

Thanks first to Paul for giving me the opportunity. Thanks to Matt and Tripp and all the mods for making my stay as an admin a pleasant one.

See you in the field.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: My Resignation

Good luck and Godspeed.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Yours most respectfully, your obedient servant,[/FONT]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]R. L. ("Rob") Griffiths.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][I]Member, Civil War Preservation Trust.[/I][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][I]Authentic Campaigner member since November 10th, 2004.[/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][I]"I am not aware of ever having used a profane expletive in my life, but I would have the charity to excuse those who may have done so, if they were in charge of a train of Mexican pack mules at the time."[/I] - U. S. Grant[I].[/I][/FONT]

Comment

Thank you, Eric. You've contributed your expertise, sense of humor, and more hours than anyone can imagine. You will always be appreciated by those who have seen the fruits of your efforts.

Comment

Well at least your not leaving the hobby! Thanks for the hard work Eric.
        Gregory Deese
        Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
        "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

I think it's funny that this popped up as I'm trying to re-upload my avatar without your help. Good luck and thank you!

Respectfully,
          Joe Marti

...and yes, I did use the search function...

Comment

Eric,
            We will miss you as an Admin. You have really gone above and beyond.
            [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
            [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
            [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Eric,

You did a great job...... Thanks for helping me out with stuff.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
              Cincinnati

Comment

In the pantheon of hard jobs with long hours, no pay and little other reward, this has to be in the top 5. Eric, you have suffered enough...and did a great job. Thanks :)
                Soli Deo Gloria
                Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I'm going to miss your hard work! Gang, if you got registered on here, it was because of Eric. If you needed avatar help, you got it from Eric. If you enjoyed the cover photos, they got there because of Eric. If you needed alot of things here, the help came from Eric. He worked his butt off. He didn't get anything for all that work except our thanks. So now is the time to let him know. Eric I understand the need to move on. You will be missed here as one of the guys behind the curtain keeping this site going. Thanks again for everything you did here. Hope to see you at Prelude to Chickamauga in a couple weeks.
                  Matt Woodburn
                  Retired Big Bug
                  WIG/GHTI
                  Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
                  "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Thanks for all your efforts, Eric.

See you in the ranks next year.
                    Andy Ackeret
                    A/C Staff
                    Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Eric,

As someone who puts in numerous volunteer hours with another organization, I know how it can feel like no one appeciates what it is you do. I want to give you a big thank you for everything you did to move the hobby forward.

See you at Prelude.
                      Robert Collett
                      8th FL / 13th IN
                      Armory Guards
                      WIG

Comment

Thanks for your efforts Eric, you done good son and your loss will be felt.
                        [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Tod Lane[/FONT]

Comment

Taking a cigarette break before you devote your time to something else, Eric?
                          Silas Tackitt,
                          one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

The site jus wont be the same without you. Maybe we'll meet on the field one day. Good luck.
                            [I]"Don't give me the, 'they've got on kevlar jackets and chainmail underwear' excuse. I can see their head!"[/I]

Cpl. Robert Conner
                            Co. I, 6th N.C.S.T.
                            [I]"The Sandy Britches Bunch"[/I]

Comment

Eric, I will miss you here, you worked hard I know. See ya in the field my friend. I hope to see ya next year at McDowell. I will buy ya one of those infamous 'Campaign Pizzas'.
                              John Barr
                              2nd Delaware

Comment

Working...
                              X