Authentic Colorado units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Colorado units?

I am going to be relocating to Colorado this winter and was curious as to whether or not there are any authentic units in the area. I will be living in Denver. My primary impression is western or eastern Union infantry. While I am very interested in expanding to civilian and Confederate impressions; for fincancial reason I am looking for a primarily Union infantry unit at this time. A search of this site and the internet has come up basically empty handed. Any leads would be very helpful.

Thanks.
    David Casey

Re: Authentic Colorado units?

David,

I just moved to Denver this month as well (Highlands Ranch area). I met some fellows from Colorado at Rich Mountain - the Gold Pan Mess. They do both Eastern Federal and Eastern Confederate impressions, as well as civilian.

I have their contact info, but I have not had time to unpack all of my CW items and materials yet to find it.

Shoot me an email and we can keep in touch. bretsumner@hotmail.com
    Bret Sumner
    bretsumner@hotmail.com
    4th Virginia, SWB
    www.wythegrays.org

Comment

Re: Authentic Colorado units?

David
      The largest Union Infantry unit in Colorado is the 1st Colorado Infantry. We do a midwar western Union impression.
      The website is down at present, but a new one is in the works. In the meantime, you can send me a PM with your email address, and I will get you in touch with our leadership.

The Confederate group that was mentioned in the other message is the 1st Texas...also a very good bunch of fellows, but of the gray persuasion. I can give you contact info there also

Your obt svt

Alan Lloyd
      1st CVI/4th US Cav/ 5th TMV
      coloradocavalry.org
      Alan W. Lloyd

Member of:
      1st Colorado Vol Inf.

Comment

Working...
      X