Indiana USA Units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana USA Units?

I've a desire to start this hobby with the authenticity button set to "on". Are there any appropriate USA units in Indiana? My tastes do not run towards CSA.
    Bryan J. Maloney

Re: Indiana USA Units?

Bryan, the Pumpkin Patch Mess and Tar Water mess, both have members in your area. Both are member messes in the 'G.H. Thomas Invencibles'.

Go to; www.ghti.homestead.com and take a look.

Take your time and shop around, find something you like, thats what I did several years ago looking for the correct mess to join.
    sigpic
    Grandad Wm. David Lee
    52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

"If You Ain't Right, Get Right!"
    - Uncle Dave Macon

www.40thindiana.wordpress.com/

Comment

Bryan,

As Boozie said, we have two great Hoosier Messes with fellows in your area. Shop around, chat to some of the members and find the right fit for you, either way you cant go wrong.

http://tarwatermess.homestead.com/twm.html

http://www.pumpkinpatchmess.com
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Comment

I better bunch of guys will be hard to find in the ole Hoosier nation.
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

If you want to leave the everyday behind and "accelerate you life," try the Union Navy! Pay is better, fewer mud marches, better weapons, mostly just skirmish drill, and unusual assignments are usual. We are not accurate everywhere (Gettysburg, etc.), but are needed more places than we get to (Shiloh, Malvern Hill, Helena, Red River, anywhere along the rivers or coast). Contact your local Naval rendezvous (me) for more information. We're right here in Indiana!
          [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana]Bob Dispenza[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
          [COLOR=Navy]US Naval Landing Party ([url]www.usnlp.org)[/url][/COLOR]
          [COLOR=SeaGreen]Navy and Marine Living History Association ([url]www.navyandmarine.org)[/url][/COLOR]

"The publick give credit for feat of arms, but the courage which is required for them, cannot compare with that which is needed to bear patiently, not only the thousand annoyances but the total absence of everything that makes life pleasant and even worth living." - Lt. Percival Drayton, on naval blockade duty.

"We have drawn the Spencer Repeating Rifle. It is a 7 shooter, & a beautiful little gun. They are charged to us at $30.00. 15 of which we have to pay."
          William Clark Allen, Company K, 72nd Indiana Volunteers, May 17, 1863

Comment

Bryan

As stated above either the mess I belong to (TarWater) or the Pumpkin Patch is the way to go in the land of Hoosiers. We would both enjoy your company and attitude toward a more authentic impression. Feel free to contact Justin at j.e.runyon@juno.com or myself at buckandball@yahoo.com

I have changed one thing though. The TarWater page address is shorter

See You in the Rank and File
            Last edited by Federal Bummer; 10-18-2006, 12:58 PM.
            [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][B]Steve Ewing[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
            [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][URL=http://tarwatermess.homestead.com]Tar Water Mess[/URL]
            [URL=http://ghti.homestead.com]GHTI[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]"There is something in the very air which makes every Kentuckian a soldier." Z. Taylor[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X