This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gods and generals movie

Does anyone know what ever happened to the release of the extended version of Gods and Generals with the extra 2 hours of film..It would be nice to see how the battle of Antietam ended up on screen..
    thanks

Will Coffey

Why did not the Southern States wait and see whether A. Lincoln would interfere with slavery before they seceded." A federal Soldier's words left in a court clerk's office in Bennetsville, SC

Re: gods and generals movie

The film did so horribly at the box Office and in video sales it is my understanding "they" bagged the idea. I've seen that movie on the $5 rack on a fairly regular basis. At least Maxwell got some of the names right.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
    Past President Potomac Legion
    Long time member Columbia Rifles
    Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyDave
      The film did so horribly at the box Office and in video sales it is my understanding "they" bagged the idea. I've seen that movie on the $5 rack on a fairly regular basis. At least Maxwell got some of the names right.
      This is what I have heard as well.
      - Pvt. S. Martin Aksentowitz
      1st California Co. F
      Carleton's Cannibals

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Angst kommt; da werden sie Heil suchen, aber es wird nicht zu finden sein.- HESEKIEL 7.25[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"To day we. . . stopped a few minutes to examine the crumbling ruins the walls were defaced with Texians traitors names and Texican Braggodocia but nary a Texican thare to answer to his name or make good his writing on the wall."
      -Eli W. Hazen, 1st California Vol. Inf.[/CENTER]

[RIGHT][COLOR="Silver"]"Credo Quio Absurdum" - ECV[/COLOR][/RIGHT]

Comment

Personally, I enjoyed Gods and Generals, but what I would really give my left tooth to see is a movie based on the Western Theatre. There was far more movement and nearly as much fighting in my native Tennessee as there was in Virginia. Then there is Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia to consider.
        Just my two cents...
        John Spain
        4th Tennessee / 25th Indiana

sigpic
        "If you surrender, you will be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works, you may expect no quarter." Forrest

Comment

Will,

The Antietam scenes for Gods & Generals resembled the Battle of Antietam about as well as Ms. Rita Fairbanks and the Townswomen's Guild reenacted the battle of Pearl Harbor on Monty Python.
          Robert Carter
          69th NYSV, Co. A
          justrobnj@gmail.com
          www.69thsnyv.org

Comment

Originally posted by JustRob
            Will,

The Antietam scenes for Gods & Generals resembled the Battle of Antietam about as well as Ms. Rita Fairbanks and the Townswomen's Guild reenacted the battle of Pearl Harbor on Monty Python.
            LOL. Cracks me up everytime.
            - Pvt. S. Martin Aksentowitz
            1st California Co. F
            Carleton's Cannibals

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Angst kommt; da werden sie Heil suchen, aber es wird nicht zu finden sein.- HESEKIEL 7.25[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"To day we. . . stopped a few minutes to examine the crumbling ruins the walls were defaced with Texians traitors names and Texican Braggodocia but nary a Texican thare to answer to his name or make good his writing on the wall."
            -Eli W. Hazen, 1st California Vol. Inf.[/CENTER]

[RIGHT][COLOR="Silver"]"Credo Quio Absurdum" - ECV[/COLOR][/RIGHT]

Comment

I have shut this down. We MUST get control back on this forum. Gods and Generals, as most Hollywood productions, has not done any semblance of getting information particularly in costuming correct. Rarely do I step in here but really, does Szabo's (www.cwreenactors.com) just not work for these types of questions anymore?
              Sincerely,
              Emmanuel Dabney
              Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
              http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Comment

Working...
              X