Tactical Advanced Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Advanced Guard

I read in a past article of camp chase gazette about an event somewhere down by Fort Donelson that had this name. I have not heard of any full immersion events in my area (western NY) nor have I been to one but I'm game if anyone has some info for 2007 events.
    My best Regards,
    Kevin Schoepfel
    140th NYVI

Re: Tactical Advanced Guard

Hey Kevin, sent u a personal message. Also, Ill tell u before the moderators scream at u, just be aware that u need to sign your name to every post u put here. Thats just so people are responsible for what they write. Thanx
    Mike Dudkowski

Comment

Originally posted by kevin View Post
      I read in a past article of camp chase gazette about an event somewhere down by Fort Donelson that had this name. I have not heard of any full immersion events in my area (western NY) nor have I been to one but I'm game if anyone has some info for 2007 events.
      It was "THE Advanced Guard", back in October 2003. Pretty much a one-time deal, although smaller groups have held similar, though proportionally smaller events in the same neighborhood over the past couple of years.

Check the event threads for references to "Banks' Grand Retreat," which will be an immersion-style event for five days of helling around in the Louisiana widerness...
      Tom Ezell

Comment

Good Morning Kevin,

Mistah Tom is spot on ---since you are new here, what you will find upon reading a bunch is that most quality events are one shot things, rarely repeated, or if the same physical site is used (such as Land Between the Lakes, on the Tenn/Ky border) the scenario is completely different, and based upon various historical accounts of action in the area.

Wander over here

and peruse the threads to see what is in store for 2007. Realize that quality events have a good bit of lead time, written standards, pre-event reading, and registration closes weeks ahead of time. Sometimes, all available slots are filled well before the cut-off date, so pick one and jump in--its not something to dither about until the last minute.

Oh, and head over to your user CP and set your automatic signature to reflect your full name.
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Since everyone has shouted out about the signature line, I won't shun away from it. It is an essential component to our community here.

Directing to the list of 2007 events was kind of those who did so.

However, I may highly recommend attempting to garner contact with Kevin O'Beirne who every other year (or couple of years?) organizes Winter 1864 in western New York. It's cold, it's rugged, but apparently it is also fun. (I don't know, I haven't been.)

Keep your eye on the prize, immersion events typically do take place in the South (where the war actually happened).
          Sincerely,
          Emmanuel Dabney
          Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
          http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Comment

Kevin with-no-last-name, I'd suggest checking out the event boards, especially I-600 and Bank's Grand Retreat (BGR). They may be far, but there are folks from your neck of the woods who will be attending them. Networking now may reserve you a seat on a roadtrip and any gear you may need to borrow.
            [FONT=Times New Roman]-steve tyler-[/FONT]

Comment

There's a couple darned nice events in central and western New York these days. Look for "Death March 9: Manassas Gap" in mid-August 2007 between Binghampton and Syracuse, east of Marathon, and look for "Winter 1864" in late February 2008; the latter is a four-day event this time around.

And to set the record straight, I do not "organize" W64; rather, I am one of a few guys in our region that lend the organizers--the 151st NYSV--a hand with it. They're the ones working their backsides off to build and maintain the site and really make the stuff happen that makes that event what it is.

Kevin-with-no-last-name: I'm in the Buffalo area. Should wish to contact me, please use the e-mail link just below my name.

Comment

K.W.N.N.,

I made enough trips to WNY this year to probably owe some local governments some kind of homesteader taxes...this is scary.

Plenty to see and do up there, just get with the right folks.
                [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Yep. No Virginia winter but, a fine time was had by all.

Veteran of four excellent NY trips.
                  Ley Watson
                  POC'R Boys Mess of the Columbia Rifles

[B][I]"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."[/I][/B]

[I]Coach Lou Holtz[/I]

Comment

I bet that event was FUN.
                    Patrick Landrum
                    Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
                    X