Charles Fraizer Novel... 13 Moons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Fraizer Novel... 13 Moons

I looked and found nothing...but has anyone read the Pre-Civil War Novel that Charles Fraizer ( You all know...Cold Mountain ) wrote Thirteen Moons?

Re: Charles Fraizer Novel... 13 Moons

Yes and it is no Cold Mountain. He describes the Beauty of the Mountains to the point you can see and smell them but that is it. Plot just never seems to develop and I'd say wait till it is on the sale table. Bud Scully 13th Nj:)
    Bud Scully 13th NJ Co.K Mess and 69th NY (N-SSA)

Comment

Amazon.com has it, complete with relatively favorable reviews:

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
      Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Thanks Mark,

I read those reviews, I was just wondering what us "different people" thought? I even heard it was going to be made into a movie?

Comment

You'd be better served if you pick up the book, THE JUDAS FIELD, by Howard Bahr.
          It is about a Confederate veteran who goes back to Franklin, twenty years after the war.
          During the journey back, the veteran has flashbacks to the terrible campaign and of the climactic fight itself. Great book!
          I also recommend his earlier work, THE BLACK FLOWER.
          Robert W. Talbott

Comment

Robert,

Read the Black Flower...your right a great book, will look up the other...Thanks, db

Comment

Well, just so you know, Mr. Frazier did a booksigning today at bookstore in Oxford publicizing his new work. I was/have been too busy to go, but I thought it was interesting just the same. I haven't read the book, but I did just recently pick up THE MARCH. Looking forward to not having to write anymore papers any time soon.:baring_te Ya'll have a happy Thanksgiving.
              Sean Harla

Comment

Working...
              X