This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galla Rock Mercantile

Does anybody know what their situation is? I ordered some patterns from them before Christmas and still haven't received them. I've tried both email and getting them on the phone with no luck. Can anyone help put me in touch with them?
    Thanks,
    Nicholas Roland

Re: Galla Rock Mercantile

I'm glad I'm not the only one in this situation, I ordered my patterns in September!!! I still haven't recieved them and I have gotten one email saying they would refund my money if I wished about a month ago and I haven't heard a word since!!!!
    ~Miche' Todd
    ASGAS

Comment

I have a friend that ordered something from Galla Rock (forgot what it was exactly) and it took a full year for him to get whatever it was. I suggest just pestering them until you either get your money back or you get the pattern.

James Masson
      James K. Masson

Comment

Ditto Mr. Masson. Pester mid-week, about dinner time. That's what worked for me. I think they still owe me a pattern, but I can't recall which one. I put in three separate orders, and got pieces of each in two shipments. They're not bad folks, but I get the feeling their order management system consists of Post-It notes on a cluttered desk.
        Michael McComas
        drudge-errant

Comment

I had a nasty run in with them concerning frock coats that my messmates and I had ordered. It finally took letting them know I was filing a maile fraud complaint on them before they overnighted the frocks.

Another messmate decided to place an order with them and, sure enough they promised him the moon as far as delivery. Even called him saying they had just put it in the mail. After a reasonable amount of time, he tried to make inquiries with little success. I once again called them and left a message on their answering machine that I had not long ago come to them about filing mail fraud complaints and that I still had the paperwork in hand. He had his frock within 36 hours.

If you want to get something from them, best to buy from them at an event. You will have the devil to pay in trying to get your item from them if you place an order. This is not the first time, nor will it probably be the last, that someone has posted a thread about this vendor.

Just an observation, but might this thread be best served over on the vendor discussion boards?
          Michael A. Kupsch, 32°
          Grand Junior Warden, Grand Lodge of Kansas AF & AM
          Past Master Wyandotte Lodge #03

[email]tatermess_mike@yahoo.com[/email]
          The Tater Mess
          The Widow's Son Mess
          WIG's
          [url]http://members.tripod.com/the_tater_mess/[/url]

Comment

Ive had delays with them as well. I saw them later at an event and they told me they shut the place down for an event. Ive since learned if I need something get it at an event or go else where. Sad but true.
            Dusty Lind
            Running Discharge Mess
            Texas Rifles
            BGR Survivor

Texans did this. Texans Can Do It Again. Gen J.B. Hood

Comment

Perhaps the AC ought to contain a sort of caveat emptor section dealing with vendors who ought not be dealt with, or who might have special recommendations about them, i.e. only buy from them at events, etc. Nicholas Roland

Comment

I can tell you from experience that a mail fraud complaint gets results.

Try that.

Galen Wagner
                Yellowhammer Rifles
                Last edited by GWagner; 01-07-2004, 01:36 PM. Reason: no signature
                Galen Wagner
                Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

I would agree with the assesments mentioned here. If you want something from them, get it at an event. They seem to act as if orders don't exist while they're on the road.

If it's patterns you want, and not Galla Rock's proprietary ones, try James Country. Last time I ordered a pattern from them, it was a Saturday night. I didn't check my mail until Wednesday, and there it was, waiting for me.
                  Phil Graf

Can't some of our good friends send us some tobacco? We intend to "hang up our stockings." if they can't send tobacco, please send us the seed, and we will commence preparing the ground; for we mean to defend this place till h-ll freezes over, and then fight the Yankees on the ice.

Private Co. A, Cook's Reg't, Galveston Island.

Comment

Re: James Country

{If it's patterns you want, and not Galla Rock's proprietary ones, try James Country. Last time I ordered a pattern from them, it was a Saturday night. I didn't check my mail until Wednesday, and there it was, waiting for me}
                    Phil Graf

Agree wiith Phil. I know Del Warren is a mainstream sutler and we're not supposed to promote them but he is a gentleman. IF, he has something you want, he will do whatever it takes to insure that he delivers it to you. Integrity ought to be worth something.
                    [FONT=Century Gothic]Robert Swartz[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]"A soldier would grumble in heaven"![/FONT]
                    [FONT=Century Gothic]Ovando J. Hollister, 1st Colorado Volunteers[/FONT]

Comment

I am glad I'm not the only one. :baring_te I bought a shirt the first part of August, and It's November 17th and I'm still waiting. They better rack up at events, Because they are not getting any return mail order customers. The only patterns they have, are not shipping any orders.
                      [B]Derrick Pugh

Western Independent Grays
                      S.C.A.R.[/B]

"Yaller-hammer, Alabama, flicker, flicker, flicker,"
                      I felt sorry for the yellow-hammer Alabamians,
                      they looked so hacked, and answered back
                      never a word." ~Sam Watkins

Comment

Derrick,
                        The last post on this thread was January of 04 so your a little late. But I guess it's a good reminder that their customer service still sucks.
                        William L. Shifflett
                        Valley Light Horse and Lord of Louisa

"We are still expecting the enemy. Why dont he come?" -JEB Stuart

In Memory of 3 Sox, 4th Va Cavalry horse, my mount, my friend. Killed in action January 9th, 2005.

Comment

William,

Your post brings up a point that I have been wondering about. I can no longer tell when a post was made on this forum. I put in a feedback post about it because it is a good thing to see how old a thread is or a post etc but never heard anything on that. So, is it just me that can't see post dates on things?
                          Michael Comer
                          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Michael,

Must be your screen view--its in the upper left hand corner of each post--a time stamp if its today, a date stamp if its prior.

Most folks just are not accustomed to looking for it though. I spent 10 minutes looking for the alert button the other morning, and it could have bitten me.....
                            Terre Hood Biederman
                            Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                            Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Originally posted by VaTrooper View Post
                              Derrick,
                              The last post on this thread was January of 04 so your a little late. But I guess it's a good reminder that their customer service still sucks.
                              William,
                              I used the search function, and this thread was the result.
                              [B]Derrick Pugh

Western Independent Grays
                              S.C.A.R.[/B]

"Yaller-hammer, Alabama, flicker, flicker, flicker,"
                              I felt sorry for the yellow-hammer Alabamians,
                              they looked so hacked, and answered back
                              never a word." ~Sam Watkins

Comment

Working...
                              X